ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 182 blowing/whistling

clio sport 182cup
i have a noise like blowing or a whistling noise when acclerating, but only when driving coming from engine bay?? anyone had simular problem.

its not the same as the other dudes noise tho with the videos.

cheers

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I got this same problem the other night, had kwik fit check as they were putting new exaltos on and he said there's a crack on the join between the cat and centre pipe. You'll find the whistle will go and just blow. Lol

clio sport 182cup
ye think it will be something to do with the cat or exhaust because it does have a few small holes..but just thought i'd ask you guys aswell.
al av a gd look over it and see wat i can find.

cheers

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I was worried when I heard cat but ya can pick them up for 60 quid, think I'll go for a de cat though if it is, or get national tyres to bodge it.

clio sport 182cup
i thought mine was something to do with air filter aswell at first but i have got a pipercross on it so doubt it. its a weird ANNOYING noise but i think am guna weld a few holes up first.

TrackCar & F30 330d
I had this niose, it was coing from the Mani to cat joint. best thing to do is if its a cold morning go outside and strat your engine and look underneath the car you may see lots of steam coming from the join, get on your knees and rev the engine slightly by pushing the peddle with your hand.

If it is then bash a bit of silicon sealer stuff on and it will seal it up :)