ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Build Quality

53 Clio's & counting
well the list on mine is this (bearin in mind i only paid jus over 2k and she is on 103,000miles)

steering wheel (all the coating is off in now)

slight rattle from n/s door
slight rattle from boot area

um....i sure there more lol

dk

911 GTS Cab
yes, i have had a steering wheel replaced under warranty, its a known problem, wasn't a problem changing it either so don't worry as long as its in warranty still.

Mine was replaced after 2years 9 months

RenaultSport clio 182
Now I am not too happy as mine is 3years and 3months old !!

Anyone got one for sale ?

Down to the car with the superglue

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Lol i think the steering wheel is one of the few things thats fine on my car.

dk

911 GTS Cab
wow, it must have been one of the first ones then like mine.

I have had very few minor problems with mine, its been an absolute gem tbh.

I have a new car in 2 weeks though so that i don't have to worry about these sorts of things that go wrong after the warranty has run out.

dk

911 GTS Cab
If you look after your wheel it should be fine...
can't stop the sun from melting it other than covering the windscreen and side windows every time you leave the car, it was the hot summerlast year that did mine

dk

911 GTS Cab
What you getting, Dave?
R26 with xenons in red, 2 weeks to go!!!!!

The Clio will be a hard car to let go of though, many fine memories, an absolute star of a car, the fun and smiles its given me on and off track!

dk

911 GTS Cab
Sounds nice. Love those Recaros. Did you get a good discount?
about 4k so yes.

got it from Lloydstsb carselect before renault put the price of the car up last month.

not a pre-reg and coming from sutton park renault in coventry, can't wait, its reminding me of the day i took delivery of my 182 2 years ago, good times!

A4 Avant & A3
i've noticed my steering wheel is starting to go down hill rapidly.. it seems to be melting away on the right hand side!!! :-(
way out of warranty now, but only done 20k in it... not happy

RenaultSport clio 182
My steeering wheel popped on the right side, must the the UK :(
The superglue has held it for now, I bet the new wheel is gonna cost me.
I am not amused that a car of 25k has had 3 exhausts, 1 ECU holder, 1 Nail in tyre, 2 exhaust clamps fail, and now a burst steering wheel.
I think Renualt can kiss goodbye to the megane R32

Maybe I should get a scooby

MG ZS180 Mk2
The other faults are annoying but I can't really see Renault taking the blame for the nail in the tire.

I think with a Scooby the list of faults would be the same but about 5 times more to fix.

182 Full Fat
I've had similar happen to my steering wheel. i think only option id for complete steering wheel to be replaced!