ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 182 camshaft problem?

izo

megane 1.6 turbo
hi, I heard because the gaz pedal is not cable in Clio 182s applying camshafts will not gain so much plus there will be problems with the idle running?

I am thinking to buy one 182 with colombo barriani camshafts and superchips...does the camshafts benefit on these models?

RS RIP
You should try to speak to En035 on here , Alper is his name, He is from Izmir !

He has got the Clio 172 with these camshafts and it is running very nicely + making good power ! But it is all about good mapping, i think your Superchip could do better.

These cams are a very good choice for the RS

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
You should try to speak to En035 on here , Alper is his name, He is from Izmir !

He has got the Clio 172 with these camshafts and it is running very nicely + making good power ! But it is all about good mapping, i think your Superchip could do better.

These cams are a very good choice for the RS

He did actually Frank, I explained him all the details and he is also aware of the Henk's awesome custom maps.

but as seen from here, I think there is a lack of trust :D

izo

megane 1.6 turbo
He did actually Frank, I explained him all the details and he is also aware of the Henk's awesome custom maps.

but as seen from here, I think there is a lack of trust :D

haha never...you are the doctor of RS...

I just wanted to see if anyone using 182 with colombo barriani+superchips experienced problems...

I know if I dont like the superchips I will try Henk...

182 trackday racer
I have them installed in a 182 and it will be maped by Henk. Would not even consider superchip tbh.

RS RIP
haha never...you are the doctor of RS...

I just wanted to see if anyone using 182 with colombo barriani+superchips experienced problems...

I know if I dont like the superchips I will try Henk...

Ahhhh you just listen to Alper; it's not like he's trying to sell you anything :D

I think Superchip will not cure the idle problem (mine had idle-trouble when the C&B's came in) .
Henk cured it, (easily);) + I do'nt know if a superchip will raise/better idle ?

Clio RS
Yesterday we done a short trip with his new c&b'ed 182, and it is awesome. There is no stal at idle and the car is pulling well. I coudnt see any map for c&b'ed 182 on Henks site. İzo will put his wideband this week or so, after that we will talk to Henk. Thank's all for your replys

RS RIP
^^ how many rpm is the idle ? Mine had to be put on 1100 to be able to keep going

Happy days with the new 182 !

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
^^ as above enjoy 182, not as raw as Ph-1 but sure it is gonna put a big smile on his face.

I am pretty sure his problem will be sorted out by a custom cal, by Henk's cal files , and it is gonna fly away surely.

FBW is not of my taste anyway :p

RS RIP
^^ yeah , strip the f**k out of it, loose all excessive weight and then you can play with Alper ;)

182 trackday racer
I have had the car out for a sprin. Same top end HP/torqe as before, 160hp at the wheels and 190Nm in the analyser. Quite some torque drop in the mid range though. Nothing to worry about since the car is unmapped for the cams. BB-lambda installed an it is running more on the rich side tbh.

Idle is rough when cold but the car never stalls. Is at 950rpm or something with the generic 98Ron.cal

Renaultsport Clio 172
I have put in a set of engine dynamics in my motor and the idle at the moment is pretty crappy (but neve stalls). Henk says the manifold presure at idle is too high, the car behaves odly from 1 to 2K rpms (it kangoroos and is veeeery weak) but afterwards it starts pulling ok. I had a play with another 172 and the difference is noticiable, not a chance to defeat me. E&D have the same spec as C&B, so hence the question, how is your idle, have any one metered the manifold presure at idle?

With cams the car seems to have a flat spot at 3.5K, I am running the first version of my map so I hope it gets better after fine tunning

Thanks

RS RIP
too high manifold pressure at idle sounds a bit weird to me ? Timing issue giving blow-back (?)

Renaultsport Clio 172
Thanks for the advice, I was there when the timing was set and after unpinning the engine, spin it and lock all back again the timing seemed spot on. We'll check again to be sure!

Renaultsport Clio 172
you've got the renault tools right? including the cam pulley tool?

Yes Fred, but I was reading thru the manual and it says to spin it 3 turns, the mechanic did spin it but just once, this was done with the pulleys not fully tighten, then after all looked ok he locked all again and tighten the pulleys fully.

The air filter is the stock box with an K&N panel in it. It has 182 CAT with a Remus back box with no mid box. I was thinking removing the CAT or enlarging the line to 2.5 may relief some of the pressure at idle but this will be minimal I assume. The odd thing is the car runs ok above 2K and sound very good and pulls smoothly to the redline, so maybe timing is just a bit off.

ITB'd MK1
try a pipercross panel filter (or K-tec branded one....same thing) saw a notable change in manifold pressure between an ITG filter and a Pipercross one.

If it's rich it will bog down,

ITB'd MK1
Yes Fred, but I was reading thru the manual and it says to spin it 3 turns, the mechanic did spin it but just once, this was done with the pulleys not fully tighten, then after all looked ok he locked all again and tighten the pulleys fully.

this is wrong. it's the tightening that will make things move, that's the point of checking AFTER fully tightening

Renaultsport Clio 172
Thanks all for the comments. Timing is OK. I have also contacted another fellow user from here with same cams as mine and he also has a higher mani pressure at idle (~500mBar). So this seems to be down to the cam profile. All is OK, just the odd idle, car pulls nice and strong!

I guess Henk will have to do some more tweaks to the map. At this point I am running the very first version of it.

Just out for couriosity, can anyone with C&B cams can post the mani pressure at idle?

Thanks!!!!
Mauricio

Clio RS
mine have c&b and pressure isn't stable on idle, also some lifters worn, but average is 450mbars. 400-450 mbars are ok for std engines, but some cam'ed engines will see 600mbars at idle.

If others can tell their pressures we can make an avarage.