ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Cold Starts

Alibi Blue 200
My 182 is struggling on cold starts, the engine starts to dip at around 2500 revs and does this for around a minute after starting. Is this common?

Dodgy one
Misses, hestitates, pops, bangs and the rest lol after a minute its fine, Once its nice and warm its a lot quicker

172 Cup
yes very normal on the 182, however on my 172 cup it does not seem as bad, just make sure you dont take it over 3k revs until the oil is warmed up and the temp lever is halfway!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Never noticed this on the 182. Did used to hold back a bit on the 172 when at low revs around 2k. Was worst in 2nd & 3rd.

2002 172 cup
I live in NI and during the cold snap I was starting the car for work in -10 to -14 degrees I had to keep a little throttle on for a min to get it to idle. When warm its fine though