ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Cup Coughing and Loss of Power

RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup
My clio 182 cup is coughing and air is pused out in clumps! also there is an intermitant decrase in purformance! I had the car serviced 2thousand miles ago and thats when the problem soon acured I had the ignition leeds and the spark plugs change, could this be due to faulty ignition leeds or spark plugs! Some times it seems to strugal to start up and once I evan had to try to start it again!

Is it faulty ignition leeds and spark plugs as it was fine before I had them changed at the survice!
Or is it the coil packs!

Comments!

one of my coil packs went in the 182...

same kinda thing happened...coughing...went into limp mode...couldnt go over 35mph...

you would notice if it was a coil pack that went...

your car would practically shut down...mite be leads or something..?

no...if it was the coil it would be constant...

The coil might be "failing" tho, about to go...(i dunno if this can happen, this is a guess. Im sure someone will be able to help on here)

BTW warrenty JOB..!!

If you are thrashing it from cold, sometimes it wont let you go over a certain speed untill its warm enough...

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
How come you had the leads and plugs changed on the 182 ? I know the plugs are suppose to last 72k which is very optimistic imo as i had to change mine at 30k on my old 172 .

What leads and plugs have you got on now , seems like your problem lies with either or both as you say the problems occured after you had them changed . Personally i would guess its the plugs , either not gapped correctly or the leads are loose .

Best plugs are the ones fitted as standard by Renault NGK PFR6E-10 .

http://www.sparkplugs.co.uk/pages/pricing/applications/ngk_petrol_car_applications.asp

RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup
I had them changed as it was due for a survice at 25k and it sed in the service book to change the leeds plugs and air filter at 25k so I had it dun at 25k but it is now at 28k and I am now having problems! reno will have put offical reno leeds and plugs on! I assume!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^^ What service books this then ? Leads aren't part of the service and the recommended change for the spark plugs on a 2.016v 172 / 182 is 72,000 miles . I think somebodies telling you pork pies mate .

I'd get back in touch with the dealership that recommended that they should be changed .

Or phone renault uk customer service and they will tell you the recommended interval .

Tel . 08000 723372