ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Cup Heaters and UCH

So, I am after some advice now. I have been driving my cup for nearly 2 months now and i have noticed two problems.
1. The wipers, indicators and windows are intermittent and work when you first start the car but then they all stop working at together, random times for random amounts of time then all start working again at the same time, if you restart the car then they all work fine again, I have a suspicion that it is the UCH, would i be correct in thinking this and has anyone had this replaced? if so what was the cost?

2. My heaters worked perfectly fine when i first bought the car, but after a few weeks they started being intermittent, and now they vary rarely come on and if they do it's when ever they want to and not for very long at all, I have a 182 cup, does the cup still have the heater resister and could this be the culprit?

Cheers in advance Dave

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
2. My heaters worked perfectly fine when i first bought the car, but after a few weeks they started being intermittent, and now they vary rarely come on and if they do it's when ever they want to and not for very long at all, I have a 182 cup, does the cup still have the heater resister and could this be the culprit?

Cheers in advance Dave

what do you mean with work, produce heat or the fan?
do a search for heater risitor or something, I think there is something in the guides

what do you mean with work, produce heat or the fan?
do a search for heater risitor or something, I think there is something in the guides
The blowers don't work at all buddy on any setting, panel lights up, but they don't blow at all.

I bought a new resistor but stupid me forgot to check my car before i bought one, apparently the clio 182 cup doesn't have a resistor, or if it does its been hidden really well.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Have you checked behind the panel to see if it's plugged in securely? Failing that I'd be inclined to think the fan is dead.

I took it apart but only had a spare 10 mins to have a look.

Does anyone know why the cup doesnt have the resistor?

looks like im going to have to check all connections and hope the fan isnt dead like you say :(

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
there will be a resistor somewhere but just in a different place I would of thought, the resistor is what gives the varying fan speeds

monaco 172
Is it attached to the fan speed nob on the back?

182 cups use a manual panel don't they to control speed?