ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 CV joints / Driveshafts

E46 325i, 205 GTI 1.9,
Right then, my 182 has been making some rather concerning noises on lock which i've weedled down to being the CV joints being cream crackered. I see that the problem is that Renault will not sell the CV joints seperateley and i've been quoted over £200 each for shafts from Renault. I see Euro car parts do re-manufactured items for £125 each but having done some digging i've found these..

http://www.driveshaftstore.co.uk/in...modelGroup]=*&searchMode.x=21&searchMode.y=10

Part number OJ-1349 listed for Clios with the F4R/730 which having searched this very forum seems to be the 172 rather than the 182. does anyone know if the shafts are the same and thus do we think these will work. At £40 a side I reckon it may be worth a crack.

Any opinions?

Listerine & Poledo
nice one Matt!

Looks like I'm in the market for a new drivers'-side CVJ, so this is exactly what I need to hear!...

..providing no-one on here turns around and says that these ones are made of, like, butter, or something, and you'll go through 6 of them in the time it takes for an OE item to expire!

E46 325i, 205 GTI 1.9,
nice one Matt!

Looks like I'm in the market for a new drivers'-side CVJ, so this is exactly what I need to hear!...

..providing no-one on here turns around and says that these ones are made of, like, butter, or something, and you'll go through 6 of them in the time it takes for an OE item to expire!

Indeed, i'm hoping this is going to end up being a good news thread. I just need to work out if the shafts/CV's are the same on 172's and 182's and i'll get a pair on order and see how I go! The guy at the company seemed to think they are the same (and offered a refund if they are wrong) but I know there's alot of knowledge on here so hopefully someone will be able to confirm.

Listerine & Poledo
drop me a PM when you know dude, I'm finding out if the CV is dead or not this week.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Indeed a ruddy good find that though cos I hate having to replace a shaft for the sake of a knock on/off joint. I understand the reasonings why they do it that way but its helluva annoying spunking out £200 when you don't really need to. I believe they *should* be the same outer CV joints on the Clio Sports but it would be nice to have confirmation from someone with a set of each shafts that can count the outer splines.

E46 325i, 205 GTI 1.9,
Indeed a ruddy good find that though cos I hate having to replace a shaft for the sake of a knock on/off joint. I understand the reasonings why they do it that way but its helluva annoying spunking out £200 when you don't really need to. I believe they *should* be the same outer CV joints on the Clio Sports but it would be nice to have confirmation from someone with a set of each shafts that can count the outer splines.

I'm going to get a pair on order now as I can always send them back if they are no cop... I'll report back on what happens!

E46 325i, 205 GTI 1.9,
Little update, the parts have arrived. It's going over to my mates workshop on Monday for fitting so will update again then.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Ace - I for one hope for the best cos it'll save me loads in the workshop.

clio 182 +cup packs
Hi, i am looking for a 182 cv joint and have been quoted 120 quid by euro car parts..did it fit ?? :approve:.can anybody pleeeease confirm if this is the right part or not.....

Clio 172 cup
Just go to your local motor fa tors and ask for a stretchy cv boot to fit your clio, you need a fitting cone to fit it too

Megane R26
Has anyone managed to just replace the CV joint on their sport or am i better going to Renault for a replacement shaft?

not a clio anymore
I got my CV joint replaced on my clio in the past. Can't remember the total cost, but in the few 10's of pounds. I certainly did not replace the whole shaft.