ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 dipped beam is not very bright - is this normal or ?

CrashBurnFly

ClioSport Club Member
  various
2004 Clio 182 - main beam is fine but dip is grim and has been since I bought it.
Headlight isn't dirty or cloudy so is dip normally poor or any other issues that can make it poor?

Asking as if that's just how they are, then the next step is to upgrade dip bulbs which I think would be 6000k D2S - but a pair of decent ones are £100+

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
2004 Clio 182 - main beam is fine but dip is grim and has been since I bought it.
Headlight isn't dirty or cloudy so is dip normally poor or any other issues that can make it poor?

Asking as if that's just how they are, then the next step is to upgrade dip bulbs which I think would be 6000k D2S - but a pair of decent ones are £100+
Always pretty poor tbh.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I've always thought they were shite. Replaced bulbs with Osram Nighbreakers which improved things a touch but still crap for a car with HID's. To the point where I would consider ripping them apart to fit HID units from another car, or from one of the upgrade/conversion shops.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa

I have these fitted, 6000k and they've been spot on.
https://www.hids-direct.co.uk/d2s-50-premium-35w-xenon-headlight-bulb-set-twin-pack/

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
They're just s**t really, but tbh don't need to be good. When dipped there's other stuff on road so use that to navigate :ROFLMAO: