ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 EML

Clio 182
Hi, this is my first post, I appreciate there are a lot like this but I've already changed my O2 sensors!

Had my Clio for a couple years now. Last summer I fitted a Miltek system and a decat. In the last 6 months I have replaced both lamda sensors pre and post cat.

Occasionally if I'm in traffic or whatever the car throws up the EML and it's always used to be the post cat lamda sensor as you'd expect. This fault clears in a day or so and the light goes out.

Recently the car has been smelling really rich. Took it to a garage and the CO and HC are through the roof, even for a decated car... 9% HC! Car runs smoothly high up revs, no misfires, lumpy on over run, maybe slightly lumpy at idle but it always has been and the average fuel consuption has dropped too. Something isn't 100% but I don't know where to look.

Don't really know where to go next? Open to any ideas?

Matt

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Get it on diagnostics computer, otherwise you could end up throwing money at it for no reason.

Clio 182
Plugged it into the OBD reader at work today.

O2 sensors were both working, coolant sensor working, MAP sensor appeared to be working.

the one thing that stood out was the ST FTRM12, this was sat at -100%?! Is this because it doesn't have a cat in? Does the ECU use this data or is it only the pre cat sensor?

Clio 182
They were my next port of call. I don't have a misfire like a lot of guys on her. I'm clutching at straws with some injector cleaner additive today and see if it helps at all... I'm not expecting anything so something would be a bonus!

If I don't have a misfire I guess unplugging them one by one makes little difference? How do you go about checking them?

Clio 182
A new update. The injector cleaner was a waste of time, didn't resolve anything. However, yesterday the electrial warning light came on and the car popped into limp home briefly, off and on, and back to normal. No misfire, no problem starting. This makes me thing the lamda sensor wiring is either fried or earthing out on the chassis somewhere. Does any one have experience with where to look for possible corrosion or rubbing, breaks or loose wires. The ECU faults are for both sensors so I think it is probably the ECU end of the loom?