ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 engine management/cruise control fault

clio 182 :)
Hey all im new to the site was driving down motorway earlier 55mph behind a wagon with cruise control on , when the engine management light started flashing at me was just abouts to pull over turned off the cruise control and the light went off with it so carried on was fine, then around 10 miles later serv / traction control light came on pulled in turned it off had a look round breaks ect all seems fine, turned it on bang gone no light again so i sets off again and the engine management started flashing when i stopped in McDonald just on tick over in neutral in drive through, did the old ignition off then back on worked last time and it did light went off hasn't come back on since (60miles ish) don't understand it wondered if any one had the same fault / experiences and would like to share them hahah

First week of owning a renault dose not seem to be going well, think i need a diagnostics kit dam french car but i love it :race::D

derv biege barge
Mine does this very occasionally about 2-3 times per year. Did it recently eng management light flashing then goes out after a while. I have noticed this sometimes after filling up with Tesco super unleaded. Checked with diagnostics and no probs recorded. I think a flashing eml light is tempory misfire. Continuous eml light will record fault though.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

clio 182
Mine does this very occasionally about 2-3 times per year. Did it recently eng management light flashing then goes out after a while. I have noticed this sometimes after filling up with Tesco super unleaded. Checked with diagnostics and no probs recorded. I think a flashing eml light is tempory misfire. Continuous eml light will record fault though.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I just did my first big drive (1000kms) in my r26 and have noticed this too. Except it didnt happen for the first 2-3 hrs of driving then happened randomly alot! I don't notice an power loss or misfiring or anything abnormal.
Only realised right at the end that it only happens when Cruise control is on. Been doing lots of normal driving and it never happens.

So is this an actual engine problem during cruise control, or just a ecu fault which i can ignore?