ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 flashing emissions light

Clio 182
As above I have a flashing emissions light once the car is upto temeprature. I have checked the fault codes and it has so far come up with cylinder 1 miss fire , ive had cylinder 4 missfire , and now ive just had random or multiple missfire P0300.

The car drives fine, it doesnt sound like its missfiring... I have just bought a new cat as this was missing form the car but im still waiting for the rear lambda sensor to come so at the minute it has a lambda sensor in it, but not connected (different manufacturer) . I know this would cause the emissions light to come on but could this cause the flashing emissions light and random missfire fault codes? I have done some searching and from what I have read the rear one doesnt affect the fuelling? The car once upto temperature does give off an eggy sort of smell? I just dont want to keep spending money on this car guessing at parts and replacing them i have done enough of that already.

I do have a diagnostic lead but it is the ross tech vag-can so just works as a generic obd2 lead but it will let me look at some live data

Any thoughts on this with other peoples experience would be appreciated.

Last edited:
  Clio 182
I've replaced the throttle body , the accelerator pedal and the crank sensor so far . The 1st 2 where due to a different fault but it didnt cure them, so i swapped them back and it seems to have gone lol, I was getting fault codes relating to the throttle and pedal potentiometer. But I didnt have the problem with the emissions light flashing . After a while it would come on due to the rear not being plugged in but it wasnt flashing and the car didnt have an eggy sort of smell.

I have also replaced the inlet manifold gasket but this did mean unplugging the coil unit and the leads at the coil side . I have rechecked these but all the connections seem good. I dont have any history with the car but I do know it hadnt ran for maybe 18months prior to me getting hold of it. ( the car was going to be scrapped unitl i bought it due to cutting out 1 day and not being able to get it restarted. It turned out to just be a fuse for the ignition relay.)

TBH I havent looked for any arcing on the leads but i will do tomorrow , I just didnt want to go out and buy a new coil or leads and plugs and it still not be the cause of the problem

Clio 182
All fine now :) i borrowed a code reader from a garage and it just shows that the rear lambda is missing , cheers for the reply though.

Hi I also have had this light come on but is not flashing its stays on haven't drive the car for about 6 months it wasn't on before
Any ideas ??