ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 for around 5.5K is it possible??

Hi,

I'm looking for a clio 182 with both cup packs with less than 50k miles in either blue or black.

I had a budget of 4k for a 172 but decided to put a bit more in and go for a 182 with both packs but only wanna spend 5.5k.

Am i dreaming??

I have a month to find a car, dont really wanna pay anymore

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
You might be lucky, but scraping the barrel at that price. Better to spend the same getting a mint 172.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
It'll be a bit of a rough un imo for that kinda price tag , unless your really really lucky and unearth a gem . Good luck with your search .

Hi,

I'm looking for a clio 182 with both cup packs with less than 50k miles in either blue or black.

I had a budget of 4k for a 172 but decided to put a bit more in and go for a 182 with both packs but only wanna spend 5.5k.

Am i dreaming??

I have a month to find a car, dont really wanna pay anymore

nope...you aint dreaming...

pistonheads/autotrader are full of sub £6k 182's...

wait till august and you could probably pick one up for £4k...;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If you look hard enough there will be a few about. Its certainlty not unachieveable.

Mini Cooper S sport
Some guy in the other topic says he just bought a mint 182 on 20k for £5100 - so apparently it is possible..

Mondeo 2.0LX & Volvo V50
Some guy in the other topic says he just bought a mint 182 on 20k for £5100 - so apparently it is possible..

Hmm, I bet it's on HPI or there's some story with it. He might just have been lucky but I would bet that car would fetch more at auction.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Hmm, I bet it's on HPI or there's some story with it. He might just have been lucky but I would bet that car would fetch more at auction.
No cup packs on that, but still a bargain. Was in this situation in Jan, looked at loads. Every low priced 182 was rough (that I found). Ended up going for a late, mint 172. I've had 2 172's, and a 182. Not enough of a difference in handling to justify spending 1k more. Put prolines on mine, 95% of the time it's just as good as 182cup, except on track. For the price of a decent 182, you could get a mint 172, and Recaro's, like I did;). Made the mistake of trying a Trophy, so mine's going soon!!

lol that person was me... fully HPI clear in black... 20k miles, FSH, MOT etc

Its MINT aswell... I was just gonna buy a 172 until I saw it, it was from a garage... they had it on for £5,100, I didnt even try and bargain with him.

It did need taxing like, but still... no scratches or anything

It will be hard to get one, but not impossible

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
TBF non-cupped 182 is 95% same as 172, so for the money you got a great deal.

172 Cup
i paid 5600 for an 04 plate with FSH and 41000 miles, both cup packs and black/gold paint, it is possible mate, just search! and dont rush into it!

Mondeo 2.0LX & Volvo V50

Its MINT aswell... I was just gonna buy a 172 until I saw it, it was from a garage... they had it on for £5,100, I didnt even try and bargain with him.

Sounds like you got a bargain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I fully take back what I said above :eek:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Goes without saying that if you do pick one up, we will go on the expectation that its got 55k+?

The cambelt is gonna need done at 68-72k-ish

Thats an expensive one to get handed but then if you get one for 5.5k your still making some saving on the new price 4-5 years ago!

Some are doing well to pick up cars for good money one here. If your not too fussed about mileage that's not a bad thing. I wouldn't touch an 05 reg car on 50k or so though, unless it was pretty cheap.

I'm still a firm believe that you do get what you pay for, if you want mintness you have to pay a bit more for it, that said if the sellers desperate to get rid you can un earth a bargain.

Glanza V
so is it worth waiting till august/sept time to see if 182 prices are going to fall or just get a 172 etc.. a want a rb 182 but cant streatch to 7k to get a low miler :S

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

proper bargain that one,.

Coiley'd Clio PH2

Whys that?
thats the sort of time i will be seriously looking to buy one. I will be 19 then you see...

Whys that?
thats the sort of time i will be seriously looking to buy one. I will be 19 then you see...

the price of fuel has been widely predicted to hit £1.50 per litre by august...meaning that many people will not be able to run such a car...

people coming off their fixed term low rate mortgages...

the price of food/utility bills going through the roof...

the credit crunch...

the list goes on and on...lol

not as good as mine ive just picked up a silver 05 182 with both cup packs woth 57k for 4200 hpi clear

Was that at auction??? Is it an import??? That price seems too good to be true!

no pal bought it off a private seller, he had it from new and its was 2 years 50 weeks old, so i bought it put it through an mot which it flew through. jobs a gooden, i no alot about cars and have had over 30 and this is by far not a poor example!

182 Full Fatt!
Whys that?

the price of fuel has been widely predicted to hit £1.50 per litre by august...meaning that many people will not be able to run such a car...

people coming off their fixed term low rate mortgages...

the price of food/utility bills going through the roof...

the credit crunch...

the list goes on and on...lol

It's for that reason I'm keeping the 182! 40 mpg average at the mo!