ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Gearbox/Exhaust

Hey there, found this good looking forum on the internet. Thought Id see if you guys have any ideas to a problem I am having.

I have a Clio 182, purchased in April of this year. Since delivery I have been having a number of reoccuring faults with the exhaust and gearbox.

As I am sure you all know, the 182s have the great looking twin exhaust system, but for love nor money can my renault dealer get it sitting evenly, as in one pipe is higer than another. Or the whole system was drooping in the middle or near the cat. This is mostly sorted... well, i think... but only time will tell, however it is still having the uneven look! What can I make them do about this...

Right, now on to the gearbox... Since day one I have been having trouble with pulling off, changing from 1st to 2nd and with reverse. When pulling off, I can feel scraping from the clutch/box but this only happens when I am pulling off when cold... First to second shows problems when trying to drive rapidly... it seems to want to crunch in. And in reverse it just falls out of gear when I get to a few MPH... not excessive full throttle either... Renault have fitted some spring to it... which makes it hard for me to pull it out of reverse, but it still happens...

Thanks for reading this peeps... :)

And I appreciate any responses I may get. Rob

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Alright mate, welcome to the site. Never heard of the 182s exhaust not sitting properly!? But they do have problems regarding the centre section developing a rattle...try searching for 4k rattle for more info.

Now the gear box issue you mention happens to me- the part about changing from 1st to 2nd when driving rapidly....dont think this has been mentioned on here before tho! Would be interesting to know if anyone else experiences this problem...