ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Induction - Airbox Feed Pipes or Not?

Clio
Good evening all,

I've been running my Clio 182 with the twin cold feed pipes disconnected from the airbox (partly because one kept falling off the bottom and the other has seen better days). Granted it sounds a lot meatier with them disconnected, but it can bog down sometimes at low revs. I'm guessing this is because the air flow has been changed / disrupted?

I have also been reading about power increases from improved air flow with the cone filters but at the expense of mid-range torque, would there be a mid-range torque increase by reconnecting / replacing these feed pipes?

Thanks!

SWL16

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
In answer to the second part of that - I have a cone filter 'fatty induction kit', my friend has standard airbox. On the rolling road the torque curve (shape) was identical. No loss off mid range torque.

Clio
Thanks,

That does surprise me though having read the other discussions about air filters and the factory air box.