ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Janspeed Exhaust

just a little bit louder than a standard exhaust ...
so what's the point???
you better lower your car first .. hehe

182cup/D40/Hornet
Matter of opinion,alot better than standard I've done the loud systems on other cars and after a while they start to do your head in(obviously getting too old;))

182cup/D40/Hornet
I mean don't get me wrong I like nothing better than a loud sweet sounding exhaust but for everyday use,travelling long distances on motorways,driving through my estate late at night,more likely to get pulled no thanks.

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
Well the points probably not to impress 13yr old girls in the high street and make everyone else think your a complete c***

170bhp said:
just a little bit louder than a standard exhaust ...
so what's the point???
you better lower your car first .. hehe

182cup/D40/Hornet
Paul J said:
Well the points probably not to impress 13yr old girls in the high street and make everyone else think your a complete c***
LOL,Spot on Paul,I couldn't have put it better myself,the only thing missing is that you would also look CHAVTASTIC!!;)

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Sounds good, but aint keen on the way your driving round in the wet on a narrow stretch of road tbh, must be doing at least a ton in some ofthem passes.

182cup/D40/Hornet
172 said:
Sounds good, but aint keen on the way your driving round in the wet on a narrow stretch of road tbh, must be doing at least a ton in some ofthem passes.
60 mph....Honest Must just look quicker on film

Valver..
^^^^^PMSL....Sounds good i prefur a fruity exhaust TBH but u have a good point with long distance driving....mine dose me crust in!

170bhp said:
sorry mate, it sounds rubbish ...

You mean it doesn't sound like micheal moore farting through a megaphone. One day you'll understand the difference between a nice sound and loud. Moron. There a re chavs on my street with really loud exhausts, they dont sound any better than my old old uno when its exhaust fell off.

Sounds great over standard, nice and deep not too loud.

BMW 120i Sport
Good exhaust, sounds just a touch louder than standard, looks better; ideal if you're in the market for stainless steel but nothing chavtastic.

ST
Big G said:
Good exhaust, sounds just a touch louder than standard, looks better; ideal if you're in the market for stainless steel but nothing chavtastic.

Chavtastic doesn't mean loud.....a 'rage' back box on a 1.1L paxo is chav, but a decent sporty tone isn't chav at all!

IMO if you pay good money for an exhaust you want to hear it.

Take a look at the vids with the 182 with the orbisound on it....now thats an EXHAUST!

Last edited:
  RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
Sounds real nice. Exactly how I want mine to sound in a couple of weeks when mine's being done.

BMW 120i Sport
16vClio said:
Chavtastic doesn't mean loud

I guess it depends on the car, a stupidly loud exhaust on a clio/corsa/saxo/fiesta will always (in my opinion) give the impression to people of chav. :)

Just sold my "loud" exhaust on my 182 due to pressure from the missus and having my kids in the car.

Personally I loved the exhaust very deep noise and sounded sweet up to the red line even could get it to pop and bang. Bigger capacity higher power output cars can do justice to a loud exhaust (if done properly) where as said above a loud exhaust on a 1.0 corsa just sounds sh*t. IMO performance cars should back it up with a bit of noise.

Just as a note my new "quiet" exhaust is a far bit louder then that Janspeed!

Loud means chav is a bullsh*t opinion the standard 182 exhaust note is laughable needs much more meat to backup up its performance.

Last edited:
  172 Cup
Hi matey,

System looks great and as long as your happy with it thats the main thing. I had a full S1 Janspeed system on my valver for 3 yrs and believe me it gets much louder! and raspy when worn in i was happy with mine.

RS4 480hp,STI 420hp,ELISE
if that's the Janspeed exhaust I had on the 182, believe me that you will loose power with that system. The diamater I measured wasn't 60mm. Even the guy from the shop admitted later on that the system is actually not good for the 182

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I had a loud exhaust on my 182 so I guess that makes me a chav who likes 13 year old girls.

I thought I bought it for the power gains I got from by 2.5" pipe work and mendrel bending throughout.

All those touring car drivers must be chavs too!

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
^ If you bought the system for power gains then what was you expected final output? Take it the exhaust now has better flow with optimum diameter and tuned lengths???
What did the afr do? did you have to increase fueling in the map?

You think some tuning company actually make better exhausts than multi-million pound car manufactures that strive to obtain optimum ecomomy emmisions and power output. Not impossible but pretty hard to get gains nowadays.

^Agreed a custom exhaust should not be about power gains you may lose power. Sound and lifetime guarantee are the main reason.

However 2.5" and a straight route with a single exit system ie. no split is a better configuration for power. Multi-million pound car manufacturers have alot more considerations then the best flowing exhaust system they can make. Cost, looks and low noise levels will produce a greater compromise IMO then you could spec from a custom exhaust manufacturer.

Spend some money on a custom and get what you want. Speak to the exhaust maker and a tuner (eg. GDI) get there opinions and spec what you want.

Last edited:

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I had mine custom made to fit the car and it did feel a lot faster then standard.

Renault exhausts are F**king shi*e anyway.

^Agreed, god have to stop drinking makes me agree with everyone:cheers:.

The Renault exhaust has pressed steel, massive, heavy, rattly silencers and pea shooter tail pipes, do not know the standard bore but I imagine it is small to keep the noise down. When you see the works of art the custom makers knock out the standard Renault item looks even worse!

As said research the best solution for the engine and you cant go wrong with a custom system.

Also if you dont like noisy exhausts why not buy something you can just potter around in without worrying the neighbours. It should be economical, gutless, cheap to insure and run but most of all QUIET!

16vClio said:
IMO if you pay good money for an exhaust you want to hear it.

Take a look at the vids with the 182 with the orbisound on it....now thats an EXHAUST!

Exactly ......
I can't hear any difference between your Janspeed and standard one ..
and you might just lost some power from it .. lol

Anything has to be better over standard one though surely.

I got shot of a magnex because it was impossable to hear myself think on the motorway. LOL

BMW 120i Sport
Get a nice loud rumble Prospeed, that'll sort you out ;)

Here's mine (thanks Mike!):

roadster2.jpg

K20 EG Hatch
does sound a tad louder than standard, de-cat it!
know what you mean about the loud comment, on the motorway mine is so boomy that i often with it was standard. But then again round the normal roads it sounds sweet as :)

'18 Megane dci
Sounds good mate, not too loud, what's the high pitch whistling noise as you pass at the higher speeds?