ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Janspeed Exhaust

Ad

MK2 FRS
MarkM said:
Just sold my "loud" exhaust on my 182 due to pressure from the missus and having my kids in the car.

Personally I loved the exhaust very deep noise and sounded sweet up to the red line even could get it to pop and bang. Bigger capacity higher power output cars can do justice to a loud exhaust (if done properly) where as said above a loud exhaust on a 1.0 corsa just sounds sh*t. IMO performance cars should back it up with a bit of noise.

Just as a note my new "quiet" exhaust is a far bit louder then that Janspeed!

Loud means chav is a bullsh*t opinion the standard 182 exhaust note is laughable needs much more meat to backup up its performance.

Really looking forward to having the exhaust fitted now!! Dont care if people think it chavistic as it has the power to back up the noise!!

MKIII 138
16v engine dont need chav exhaust there too boomy sounding and common, top job done there its just right imo.

182cup/D40/Hornet
Dave Cli02 said:
Sounds good mate, not too loud, what's the high pitch whistling noise as you pass at the higher speeds?
Don't know what the whistling is,it has done it since it was new,sounds good though(in my opinion!)
Only does it when it's getting caned though;)

182cup/D40/Hornet
It's whatever you prefer,loud or whatever,anything is better over standard though,like alot of you have pointed out loud doesn't always mean chav,I know that coz I had loud exhausts for years(bike has still got one on)and I don't class myself as chav.
It's all down to personal choice.

Ad

MK2 FRS
bartebk said:
Don't know what the whistling is,it has done it since it was new,sounds good though(in my opinion!)
Only does it when it's getting caned though;)

think its a 182 thing as the 172 never did it but my 182 does. Always though it was something to do with the induction tbh. Not sure what!!

golf r32 dsg
the standard exhaust is very heavy aswell so fitting a custom or aftermarket will improve performance!

MKIII 138
yea maybe, i had a green filtre on my old one and it whistled more, but the cup i have now doesnt really whistle it just whines like a b**ch

Really interested in the janspeed. Just a few questions!

1. Are there different tailpipe options? I quite like the unrolled finish eg. latest m3 style.

2.How much is the system?

3.How much did your insurance go up by?

Thanks!

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
OK, cant find anything on the clio exhausts but a well known pug tuner states:

The induction system was carefully designed to flow well and flows enough to allow even well modified engines to breathe ok. Peugeot got the exhaust system bang on - it flows well, has good tuned lengths and an excellent manifold design - whatever you do, don't waste money on an aftermarket system - you won't get more power - you'll probably get a fair bit less. When it rusts away go and buy a genuine Peugeot item - not a pattern part.

Now i know that the standard renault item could be sh*te, but dont assume aftermarket exhausts ARE going to give you more power. Noise does not indicate power!

RS4 480hp,STI 420hp,ELISE
believe me, if it's the Janspeed from the KTR site, you are losing power. Next week I will put my Orbisoud Cup exhaust (65mm) movie online. The bore of the Janspeed is good for a 172, but not fot a 182. Think it's only 58 or 59 mm. Just before the catreplacement it's even smaller

182cup/D40/Hornet
I think it's from the ktr site,it revs alot better than standard,quicker I don't know ,more power I don't know but ultimately I don't care as I'm happy with the sound/look and I didn't pay top dollar for it
I've heard the orbisoud one on a clip on here,yes it's sounds lovely but too loud for me;)

the Orbisoud on the clip you heard here is not that one I have. The one on the clip is the 60mm, the one I have is the 65 and that's also inc cat. If you think the 60mm is too loud, than you didn't hear the 65mm yet. That's a loud one, but as they say: Loud pipes save lives
http://www.clio-power.org/uitlaatrs3.html for the pictures and there I bought it also

adtmits said:
think its a 182 thing as the 172 never did it but my 182 does. Always though it was something to do with the induction tbh. Not sure what!!

My bros old 172 did that, weird sound.

Lionel Richie
16vClio said:
Chavtastic doesn't mean loud.....a 'rage' back box on a 1.1L paxo is chav, but a decent sporty tone isn't chav at all!

IMO if you pay good money for an exhaust you want to hear it.

Take a look at the vids with the 182 with the orbisound on it....now thats an EXHAUST!

average me boy

had my pro speed full system now about 3 weeks - sounds great - I would say its a bit louder than in this clip but then I have only heard it from inside the car.
looks good mate

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Vid won't work and i wanna hear...I've had a k-tec on my last car...and i love the quietness of the 172...therefore the janspeed is wat u want.

182cup/D40/Hornet
AJRMOTORSPORT said:
Ignore "Rubbish" comments...sounds nice mate
Sound better on sat.fitting a sports cat;)
Fitted a open Green IK last sun sounds as though it's sucking dead hedgepigs up off the road!!!
Sounds quality though,Before any1 says owt ,I know you lose power by sucking in hot air from the engine(ordered heat shield from DT)
I don't care it sound class:)

good man - i think ik's are great as well - gonna get my car chipped so they can adjust fueling etc so that I achive maximum bhp from the filter and exhaust etc.
Ive got the hill power kit with the heat shield so shouldnt be taking too much hot air in - seems to work well - post a pic of urs when you fit the sheild

182cup/D40/Hornet
I might take some video footage after fitting s/cat so u can hear IK+Exhaust
Also got seats to go in aswell(Cobra Daytona's)

Jesske said:
if that's the Janspeed exhaust I had on the 182, believe me that you will loose power with that system. The diamater I measured wasn't 60mm. Even the guy from the shop admitted later on that the system is actually not good for the 182

What diameter did you measure for the Janspeed??

Any idea what the diameter is for the standard set-up?

7MAT

58mm outside. We measured it several times. Perhaps I had a bad one?
The Orbisoud Cup exhaust I have now is 60mm and I like it a lot more

Jesske said:

Hi

Thanks for the info, I was under the impression that the Orbisoud Cup was 65mm and the Road version 60mm.

Do you have the full sytem inc sports cats from Orbisoud? How do you find it, does it suffer from cabin drone / boom at low constant revs / motorway type driving?

Still trying to work out my option on which exhaust to purchase.

7MAT

ST
Jesske said:

Have you got any vids of your orbisoud mate?

The previous I had was an Mk1 and they where 65mm, but the Mk3 is 60mm. The cabin drone at low revs is hard, but you get used to it. When you put the pedal to the metal in higher revs (from 4000 rpm), it sounds very nice. It's not a hard sound like you hear on every car with a sport exhaust. It's like the air is rubbing against the exhaust and that gives a whistling metal sound. Like a big turbo. You can only buy it with a catreplacement. There is no gap for a second lambdasensor, but that's useless. The streetversion Orbisoud has a 200 cel cat. The Cup cat is as good as empty. I asked Orbisoud for an extension, so I could install the second lambda myself. They answered me that the cat is so empty/freeflowing that the second sensor has no use. It's only ment to measure the working of the cat. So I had to take care that the measured value of that sensor was lower than the first. You can do that by placing it in a small tube and tape it under the car. The light on the dash will stay out. I have a few movies, but they are all over 26 MB. This week I will make a few small clips. Oh and the car sounds amazing at idle and when you turn ignition on. I even make 50 more km with one tank

I sent an email to Janspeed asking what cspi the cats were and the internal diameter of the pipes are;

The cats for the Renault Clio 182 are 120 CPSI, and the internal pipe diameter of the exhaust after the cat is 54mm which then splits in to two pipes with 41.28mm ID.

Still can't find out what the int diameter for the std exhaust system is?

7MAT

Jesske said:
believe me, if it's the Janspeed from the KTR site, you are losing power. Next week I will put my Orbisoud Cup exhaust (65mm) movie online. The bore of the Janspeed is good for a 172, but not fot a 182. Think it's only 58 or 59 mm. Just before the catreplacement it's even smaller

Just wanted to check the system you had did you buy it from KTR or Janspeed direct?

As KTR I believe have exhausts manufactured for them by someone else.

7MAT

Ford Racing Puma
I've just had a Janspeed from KTR fitted and I am VERY happy with it. With a Maxogen filter is sounds wicked when you rev it hard but quiet at motorway speeds (ie not tiring on a long journey). My mechanic mate was impressed by how well made it was and how good the fit was. Thumbs up from me !