ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 loss of power. ECU fault/ possible injection fault.

Clio 182
Hi all,

Im completely new to the forum but I need help. Ive just had my cambelt changed, dephazer pulley and aux belt, as well as a service. Before this my clio sounded 'diesely' which I knew was the dephaser pulley. But just before i had this work done, i started losing power normally using low throttle in 3rd 4th and 5th, but it does happen through 2nd and first occastionally, the engine management light came on too. The biggest problem it seems is that no garage can connect to the ecu diagnostics to check that fault, if it helps at all i also get the service light and tc light come on when holding down the break peddle. Obviously there is a wiring fault somewhere, but does anyone know of a fault like this? I understand that people may know what could be causing loss of power, maybe an o2 sensor ot injector, but not being able to connect to the ecu makes it hard to diagnose for a garage (apparently). Any help at all would be much appreciated!!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It could be a few possible issues but if you want to bring it in I'll gladly take a look for you.

Mick
Diamond Motors

Clio 182
Cheers Mick but its a bit far for me to come, I had my work done by someone who'd done a cambelt change on a 182 before but has ran out of ideas regarding not being able to connect to the ecu. Any hints or tips would be great, as ive already spent alot of money on it (there were some problems when i got it)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It really needs fault finding on the CanBus network first of all to see what's not occurring and then I suspect you will need to check the wiring for breaks/corrosion

Clio 182
Sorry to seem stupid, but what do you mean by the CanBus network? Do you have any ideas where the best places are to check wiring issues on a 04 182, I know there notoriously bad for electronics.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
If you don't know what a CanBus network is I'd advise you don't play!

Most common area for failures is the engine bay around the gearbox area

Clio 182
Sorry for the confusion, I won't be personally checking anything, just information to pass on to help resolve issues asap, thanks for your help Mick. I'll post any breakthroughs on the offchance someone else has a similar issue.

how far are you from mick kieran ?? i dont know him personally but he talks sense from what ive seen... maybe the long/short trip may be worth a bash just for piece of mind mate :) ...