ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 not selling...

Hey guys, ive got a clio 182 and ive priced quite low to sell, car is in good condition, cant paste the link to the advert but its in the for sale section, on pistonheads and auto trader. Ive got it up for 5595 which i think is very cheap as it still has warranty etc too and the car has done 57k.

The plan was to sell it and get a type R but now im not to sure and looking for some inspiration or someone to set my mind straight. Main reason for the switch was the space and i like how solid a type R feels. However with the money i was going to put towards the type R i could get H&R's yozzasport system, remap etc so i have no idea what to do and now im rambling on :( Help!

Mountune Tractor
Patience mate, a buyer will come along eventually.
Car seems quite cheap? That can put people off sometimes.

ClioSport 172
No ones buying much at all at the moment are they cause of most peoples current circumstances... its not just cars...

Yeah i understand that, but mine is rather cheap so i thought that would substitute for that... I think ill end up keeping it and spending the money on the clio at this rate lol

M2 Competition
Looked at this the other day, thought mileage was quite high for an 04 plate car, but then i suppose price is good.

How difficult would boot panel be to fix?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Be prepared to wait. The markets slow, very much a buyer's time. If you really want to sell, drop the price by £50 a week. Do you have it on Autotrader?

Mini Cooper S sport
I think the boot dent, high mileage and impending cambelt change will be putting people off, especially as there are so many cheap and better condition/lower mileage 182s for sale at the moment. A year doesn't take that long to go and it's an expensive job. I imagine you'll be offered about £5500, so for the sake of 300 quid I'd PX it personally.

leon cupra R
looked at this the other day!
Good luck with the sale its pretty cheap

Last edited:
  Elise 111R
I think the boot dent, high mileage and impending cambelt change will be putting people off, especially as there are so many cheap and better condition/lower mileage 182s for sale at the moment. A year doesn't take that long to go and it's an expensive job. I imagine you'll be offered about £5500, so for the sake of 300 quid I'd PX it personally.

I was offered 5.5k for my 182 MY05 38.000 mile car and that was px on a 19k on a Exige

PH2 172
Nice car mate would love it but iv got my Cup really good price to swap fro a cup if you want lmao haha

its hardly damage, im just being honest unlike most people that sell car's, cambelt isnt due for ages, plus the warranty and overall condition which is better than most if not all around the same price. probably just keep it as i know its a very solid motor :)

R26
I see that the add on piston heads is 3 days old. Well, I sold a 182 on there (54 plate) in December and like you I thought I was getting no interest. After about 15 days the bloody phone never stopped ringing. It was nothing then everything. Even after I had sold it.

Mine was 54 plate with 58k miles and It went in the end for £5800. I stil think I could of had more but had r26 on way so had to go.

In a nutshell - I would reckon interest will pick up. There was also a ton of 182's for sale at the same time as mine so I was up against it -still didn't put people off - bide your time
Good luck

Cheers for that, i had up for sale two months ago and got offrered 5.8k quite a few times but then i decided to keep it :|

Its a lovely car, i reckon you will find a buyer shortly. It took me about 2 months to sell my previous car and I shopped around for ages to find my 182 and it was priced alot lower than what they r valued at, did make me think whats wrong with it!! But the car is hpi clear and in mint condition! Anyway i spoke to a couple of traders and they said the market is very slow and everyone is struggling.

RS Clio 172 Ph1
Probably just due to the fact our incompetent government are shafting us in every possible way. Most of us can't afford energy bills, fuel and food let alone new motors :banghead:

Dooby

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I got £6800 a month ago px against the M. 54 artic with cup packs 45k on the clock.
They have it up for £7695

astra vxr
honda just offered me £6500 for my 55 plate 182cup with recaro's and 20000 miles on the clock what a f**king joke:mad:

MKIII 138
honda just offered me £6500 for my 55 plate 182cup with recaro's and 20000 miles on the clock what a f**king joke:mad:

which is why i ended getting another renault albeit a much slower one, other marques dont offer you the same trade value and if you have a big ballon payment & existing finance this can really limit the amount you end up having for a deposit on a new car.

Elise 111R

which is why i ended getting another renault albeit a much slower one, other marques dont offer you the same trade value and if you have a big ballon payment & existing finance this can really limit the amount you end up having for a deposit on a new car.

Or in reality afford to change your car....

172 Cup
way to cheap fella, pump up the price puts people off! I have had mone for sale for a month and finally got a buyer this week, they are out there just need to give it time!

MKIII 138

Or in reality afford to change your car....

true, if you dont step down like i did then i becomes a very expensive switch, thankfully i got a reet good deal :D

astra vxr

the finance is paid off, if they had given me £7000 i would of taken it then paid £9000 for a 57 plate type r gt, i cant get another renault as i've had so many problems with this so i need a change