ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 - Proof at last!!!!!!

Quote: Originally posted by steve-hall on 27 October 2003

I spoke to Jeremy at donnington and it is true there will be a 182, mainly by upgrading the inlet manifold and the twin exit exhaust
Thought it might be something to do with the new polished inlet mainfold, one of the racer chaps said a while ago that using one gave him about 10bhp more. Renault must have been busy polishing loads...

Im tempted to buy one myself, along with a Viper and a GroupN ECU.

Renault Laguna Coupe

10 bhp is easy to do yourself, and there are loads of 172s that make 180+ bhp with a few mods. Why worry? Poke in the eye for Peugeot for sure, but the Renault engine was already a lot better than the Pug..

FUD...

Quote: Originally posted by steve-hall on 27 October 2003

I spoke to Jeremy at donnington and it is true there will be a 182, mainly by upgrading the inlet manifold and the twin exit exhaust

I think R Sport sell the inlet manifold already...

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by cat171 on 27 October 2003

if the current 172 is not in bhp,then how come i have a renault brochure which states that the 172 is in bhp and not in ps ?
Because its bhp DIN mate...

Clio v6

Just some questions which may already have been asked.

Are there any REAL pics of this Clio?

Actual specs, colours, trim, and least important performance figures?

Is it on the assembly lines now ?

When can it be ordered ?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by dash on 28 October 2003

Just some questions which may already have been asked.

Are there any REAL pics of this Clio?

No

Actual specs, colours, trim, and least important performance figures?

No

Is it on the assembly lines now ?

No

When can it be ordered ?

Late november.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

since thats been posted allow me to help

New colours

New options:

Sports suspension settings (not just shocks and springs)
Wheels
Cup splitter
Cup spoiler
New manifold

new tb design

Sunroof

The new equipment

Speed regulator
series

Metalized painting
320 €

Pack sport *
~500 €

Sliding roof
560 €

* frame flattened sport, blade under the front shield, becquet back light

Colors available

Blue Dynamo
0 €

Gray Titanium
320 €

Gilded black
320 €

Artic Blue
320 €

Blood orange
To come

Sorry for the dodgy translation, just used Google translate on the rs-team page.

Heres the full ( and even more dodgy ) translation of that text:

In order to counter the 206 RC, Renault Sport envisaged in its paperboards a last evolution of CLIO RS. This CLIO RS phase 3 must be born at the same time as the general rehandling of range CLIO (without major aesthetic modification). Equipped with 180 cv to pass by again symbolically in front of the 206, it will receive a new line of exhaust. That Ci will be finished by a double apparent exit, signs distinctive models Renault Sport (CLIO V6, next Mégane RS...). It also will have the right to travelling trains still optimized as well as new rims, colors and options! The evolution in figures CLIO Rs2 CLIO Rs 180 Engine Power (cv@tr/min) 172@6250 180@6500 Couple (Nm@tr/min) 200@5400 200@5250 travelling Trains Pneus 195/45 R16 205/45 R16 Tare weight (kg) 1035 1185 * Total maximum (kg) 1490 1510 urban Consomations Cycle 11.2 11.3 Cycle extra urban 6.3 6.2 complete Cycle 8.1 8.1 * the difference in weight manufacturer can paraitre ennorme. Nevertheless, 1035 kg announced for Rs2 are rather optimistic considering it is plûtot measured to 1115 kg on average by the press. Let us hope all the same that 1185 kg announced for the CLIO Rs 180 are an error... The CLIO Rs 180 evolves/moves especially technically: Driving side, one finds a new line of exhaust with a collector of the 3Y type instead of the 4 into 1, a new catalyst and a back silencer at double exits. A new case butterfly as well as an adapted reprogramming of the calculator

Ziel Nurburgring

If thats the case, how come dealers arent telling us. About to pick up my new 172 on saturday after 10 week wait and its already out of date. Whats the trade in on a never driven 172????:(

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by Jeremy Townsend on 28 October 2003

If you can bnear to wait for a couple of days Ill give you all the definitive position for the UK
Thanks Jeremy.

Did anyone else understand the same as me from the ropey translations, i.e. main differences on the new 180 (2)

New inlet manifold design, throttle assembly, ecu, exhaust manifold (4 - 2 -1 as opposed to the current 4 -1 design), and new exhaust back box with twin exit.

I for one am more eager to see the result of the jenvey throttle body kit than these small renault changes.

If you can bnear to wait for a couple of days Ill give you all the definitive position for the UK
Well i am well pissed off that this news has come this late, I think renault are only keeping quite about it, to to get rid of old stock. My 172 is going to old and worth a few k less as soon as i drive it off the forecourt in about 3 weeks time.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by nonos on 28 October 2003
All in all, I doubt it will be any faster:+10 bhp, +150Kg according to the site

Err.. wouldnt that make it slower than the current 172 ?

Astra 1.9cdti XP

I doubt it will be 150kg heaver! What have they done made the exhaust out of lead?

Wider tyres too!!! 17s will fit no bother with those 205/45/R16!!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

We need to know sooner than that... :confused:

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

They said the weight could be a misprint...

Only an idiot would make the car that much heavier!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Exactly... the "true" weight for the mk2 172 was a mystery for ages too...

Quote: Originally posted by black-cat on 28 October 2003

Did anyone else understand the same as me from the ropey translations, i.e. main differences on the new 180 (2)

New inlet manifold design, throttle assembly, ecu, exhaust manifold (4 - 2 -1 as opposed to the current 4 -1 design), and new exhaust back box with twin exit.

I for one am more eager to see the result of the jenvey throttle body kit than these small renault changes.

They have changed the manifold/ rest of exhaust system, ECU, cat, throttle body and inlet manifold and only made another 8 hp? WTF is that about?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

They should have just done a "roamer" then they wouldnt of had any probs with the other 180s :D

'18 Megane dci

true true, roamers sounds very nice, literally :eek:

Maybe just me but I dont even think non V6 clio shell suits the twin talepipe layout, not that close together anyway...

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 28 October 2003

They have changed the manifold/ rest of exhaust system, ECU, cat, throttle body and inlet manifold and only made another 8 hp? WTF is that about?
Peak power is incresed and its higher up the range, yet peak torque remains the same but is available lower down the rev range!

Bet its got different driving characteristics to the current engine...