ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 - Proof at last!!!!!!

Mine made 180 mailto:hp@6860rpm">hp@6860rpm and 143 lb mailto:ft@5740">ft@5740 rpm about to add the magnex cat back and am getting in RR next month again to see difference. Rich do you know if they are going to release a Cup version?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 28 October 2003

Mine made 180 mailto:hp@6860rpm">hp@6860rpm and 143 lb mailto:ft@5740">ft@5740 rpm about to add the magnex cat back and am getting in RR next month again to see difference.
Yeah, but we are going of the standard manufacturers data here Neil, and as you know they all very like mad!

Quote:

Rich do you know if they are going to release a Cup version?
Doubt it...

This is basically a 172 & a Cup rolled into one package!

Not sure if Renault are keeping quiet to shift old stock, when I ordered a 172 in late September, got told the long lead time (mid November delivery) was because they were built to order?

I cancelled my order for the 172 when I heard about the new car at the beginning of October which my main deal were fine about, actually think they were a bit embarrassed not knowing about the new car!

Agreed that I would leave my 172 deposit with them for the replacement when the order books opened..

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Boyo on 28 October 2003

There is NO OLD stock though????
They ARE built to order

[/QUOTE]
Not all of them...

When I got my Cup there WAS some stock of both 172s & Cups and I nearly got a spanking new blue 172 that was just sat in a compound gathering dust, but I got a new Cup from stock, hence not having to wait weeks.

17" tyres will slow the thing down. I like the twin exhuasts but dont think its as cool as a descreet single tail pipe. and even better is the fact that the only car ive ever had not showing and ugly exhuast is my current MKII. exhaust have been tarted up to look flash but at the end of the day, it would be better if they wernt visible at all IMO. im not to fussed about bhp gains, all 172s can vary anyway, but iam botherd about someone not buying it because for £200 more second hand they could get one of those instead of buying mine.

phill*

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Just been into Renault in Brighton, they knew nothing. Left my number incase they get some info

53 plate 172

Good point about the discrete exhaust on the current 172 Phili. One of the things that made me buy a 172 was it is very discrete and hard to tell apart from dynas except for those in the know, like all the guys on here.

A few years a go I had a car stolen and ever since then have always gone for the more discrete model.

VaVa

The picture of the silver one with the twin exhausts looks decidedly dodgy if you ask me. Either photoshopped, or very poor craftsmanship.

VaVa

Ill believe it when I see it.

( I have a niggly feeling that that statement may come back to haunt me!!! No smoke without fire I suppose.!!!)

Tom, where do you get your info from mate?