ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 rough when cold

Focus RS, 182 gone
I dont know if this is a common problem but, my clio 182, with 7000 miles on the clocks seems flat spotty and seems to run a bit crap for the first 2-3 mins after i start it up, is this a common problem??

Chocolate Bar™
think it is on most cars. my 1.2 runs terribly for a bit unless garaged overnight

M5,Range Rover Sport & R1
seems common enough, on my old cup and my current 182 both had the same stuttery start when cold, but it does ease off quite quickly....

Arctic Blue Clio 182
hmmm try cleanin or changin your spark plugs. Can have a bad effect if they get damp.

ford orion rs turbo
yep my 172cup was bad in da mornings and now i have my trophy and that is just the same. been to renault dealer to ask and they are apparently meant to be like that mmmmmmmmm strange

M5,Range Rover Sport & R1
nothin to do with the spark plugs.. i know exactly what azzer is on about... and it does ease up within the first couple of minutes..
it is a common thing, the few people i know that all have renaultsports have the same problem..lol

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
Mine's going in tommorow for this prob, it is really bad so i will let you know if there is anything helpful to tell you.

Dave

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
My gear changes are jerky as f00k for the first few mins. 1st - 2nd and 2nd - 3rd car jerkys a lot... once it gets a little warmer it's fine though.

182... again!
Mine too! Apparantly it's to do with keeping the emissions within limits when still cold.

daveclio172 said:
Mine's going in tommorow for this prob, it is really bad so i will let you know if there is anything helpful to tell you.

Dave

Im keen to find this out. Mine has gone back twice for this fault. Each time they reloaded new ecu software and next day it was better and then got worse again :(

Clio 182
Thomss said:
My gear changes are jerky as f00k for the first few mins. 1st - 2nd and 2nd - 3rd car jerkys a lot... once it gets a little warmer it's fine though.

mine is jerky and crap to drive in the first few minutes

Clio 197
I let mine idle for a minute before going anywhere in the morning... otherwise it runs as you described.

Just a case of letting her warm-up.

Chocolate Bar™
omar said:
I let mine idle for a minute before going anywhere in the morning... otherwise it runs as you described.

occassionally when im not in a rush and let it tick over for a bit it does run loads nicer. for instance when you've been scraping the ice off the windows. runs soooo nice :)

Mondeo STTDCI
I really dont understand the problem. The first 2-3 minutes!!!! Jesus.

I go down my road in first gear for the first 2 minutes due to speed humps and FEEL the car decide that its warm enough, well warm but not necessarily "enough".

Surely its due to the ECU protecting the engine.

VaVa
Fuckining hell, I wish I'd got a pound for everytime this has been posted.

They all do it. It's to meet strict emissions on cold start up. They run a bit lean.

RenaultSport clio 182
Thomss said:

We've got the exact same issue with our car, the dealer traced it to metal fragments in the gearbox... we're waiting for a new one as I write this...

--Andy

clio 182 black /gold
omar said:

I wonder what my neighbours would say if i did this at 5.30am??