ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 running rough!

Clio 182
Hey folks, just having some more issues with my 182 and wondered if anyone else has experienced the same symptoms. Started the car the other day after leaving it for half an hour or so, and it kept cutting out unless I kept up the revs, when this happened, both the stop and battery lights were coming on. Starting it back up again seems to be fine, but when it does start, you can tell it is not running as it should, running a bit rich! and it seems to be coughing and spluttering until it cuts out again.

I've had a friend who is a mechanic look at the car, but so far he has not been able to resolve the issue. Replaced one of the lambda sensors, since this was showing as a fault, this made no difference. Also replaced the coolant temperature sensor, again nothing changed. Also, after changing the lambda sensor that was showing as a fault, and then clearing the fault, it was re appearing as a problem in the fault history...

He is having difficulty finding a wiring diagram for the ECU connections, wants to check the connections going from it, cannot find it for the 182 in Autodata etc.. would anyone happen to know where I might be able to find such a diagram? I've had a look around online, and I did find one for the F4R 730 engine, but I've shown my friend the diagram, and it does not seem to be the correct diagram, only has one lambda sensor showing on there, whereas he says that there are two in the exhaust. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :)- or if anyone else has any thoughts as to what the problem could be, would be useful!

Clio 182
Thanks for the response, would an alternator be likely to cause it to run in such a way that it would be burning petrol in this manner? the smell under the bonnet is extremely strong.

Da

Less
Try the MAP sensor, left hand side of the plenum. Syptoms sound similar to my 182 problem last year, have a search on my old threads.

Clio 182
Cheers Da, had a look through your previous posts but could not find the one you are referring to. When you had this issue, did you get over fuelling as a symptom? also, did it show as a fault in the fault log when this happened? thanks, Matt

Clio 182
Ah, found the thread that you referred to. Just wondering what lead you to suspect the MAP sensor? could not see any mention of this in the thread. Did this part show up as a fault on a code reader? or was it just guess work. Cheers.