ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 strange noises can anyone help please??

Clio 182 cup
Hi all im new to this site and im just wondering if anyone can help answer some question about my car. I used to own a clio 172 and loved it so i decided to buy a clio 182 cup 2005 with 60000 miles i love the car but there are so many noises that have came with it. The 2 that are bothering my is a creaking like sound when reversing left or right had down all so if your stationary and wigle the steering it will all so do it sound asif it coming from near left hand side of the engine as you look at it my steering fluid was below minimum so ive topped its nothing like suspension or bush noise sounds more mechanical. And the other noise is a bang/knock when driving slow or coming off the throttle if you take it out of gear the knock will still be presant the top engine mount seems ok and gears work fine. Sorry if i havnt provided lot of info any help would be a great help cheers leon

Mine does the knocking/backing when turning left/right when stationary.. from previous experience it's been a cracked spring but i'm not 100%

Also the acceloration/deaceloration banging might be drive shaft orientated, use the search bar and look at a couple of threads from the 1st 3 results to try shed some light.

Z4 Coupe
Pay £12 an become a full member. You'll then find a wealth of technical guides amongst other stuff.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
knock could be exhaust, try undoing the 4 bolts on the top engine mount and sliding it as far forward as possible, see if it helps

and tbh, that could be the other issue too.

Clio 182
I used to have a knocking noise lifting off the throttle in low gears, it turned out to be a knackered dogbone mount - it's quite popular to fit poly bushes to the mount, this fixed the knocking for me.

Clio 182 cup
Ok thank ill try sliding the mount back tomorow. See how it goes yer i thought exhaust to ive been under and readjusted everything it clear of the body and is solid ill give that top mount ago