ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Strut Brace - Ecotek Valve/ Spoiler

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
Hello people, this is my frist time on this site and i am just starting to looking into tuning cars and performances. I was wondering if any one have fitted a front Strut brace onto a 182 Cup?

I have a 05 reg 182 cup but ive asked alot of places and they dont sell front Strut brace for 182. I saw an OMP one from strutbracer.co.uk but not 100% sure about how to fit it on. Was wondering if any one could advice me on this. Thanks very much!!

Also i was wondering has anyone fitted an Ecotek Valve with the pipercross filter to a Clio 182? I am finding trouble trying to fit one so was wondering if anyone could advice me on this. Does adding this valve make any difference to the performance of my car ? Thank you very much again

Does anyone know if my car is still under renault warrently, if i add a strutbrace and induction kit and exhaust, will this invalidate my Warrenty.

Thank you again

Lastly i saw a DTM Front spoiler for a Clio 172, i was wondering if this would fit a Clio 182 as it only states for the 172 but arent their front body shape and engine are the same as the 182? The website is http://www.directcarparts.co.uk/buy-car-accessories/product_info.php?cPath=167_3627&products_id=2672

Thanks so much for reading people, have a nice day !

regards to all

Jacky

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Welcome to CS mate .

Don't bother with the ecotek .How olds the 182 ? You should have 3 years warranty and 3 years AA assistance , from new.

If your unsure you can call Renault UK customer services on :

Tel 08000 723372 , give em your reg number or vin number .

I would imagine if you add a strut brace and you have any suspension problems Renault will try and blame it on the modification . Adding an after market air filter will most likely void your warranty on the engine .

I think the Ren exhaust only has a 12 or 18 month warranty anyway . Go for a stainless catback with a lifetime warranty .

The strut brace for the mk2 172 is the same as the 182 . Same front end on the mk2 172 as the 182 so the front spoiler should fit also .

Thanks very much for your help, My Clio is just 1 years old. I used to have a 1.2 Clio and i took out all the modifications when i had to take it back for a switch change as it was not starting up.

If i install a strut brace, would i have to drill any holes in or would it just fit in? If i can remove the parts then i guess i can still take it back for warrenty.

Thank you for your help again

Regards

Jacky

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Yes. You need to drill a couple of holes in each strut top. I've got one, and with out uprated suspension it's going to be more engine dressing than a performance mod.

Ecotek don't work, as proven many times and that splitter is Horrid.

RS's are beautiful as std imo....But as i'm frequently told, it's your car...Make it "Special"

Ali

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Guy before me put one of those splitters on my mk1 before I bought it, tbh I don't think it'd suit any other model than a dark coloured mk1 172. Mk2 is more angular looking and it just doesn't suit it at all.

Ecotek is a pile o pants, don't touch it.

Hi guys, thanks for the help, i understand your view, but i just seem to like those front spoiler. I was wondering if i were to fit it to my Clio 182 cup, would i need to remove front splitters first?

I will not touch Ecotek, thanks for the advice guys.

Also i think i will go for a Magnex slash cut exaust as others are too expensive and i think Magnex are the only ones which comes with lifetime warrenty right? Also this guy i buy from he can fit on for free although i guess its easy to fit on, i have no ideas about cars so i always need advice.

Thanks for all your help people, really appreciate it

Regards

Jacky

Bye Bye 182....
ll stainless steel exhausts have a lifetime warranty - it doesnt matter whether its prospeed magnex or some name you have never heard of. With regards to the front splitter - yes this would have to come off (2 screws and some clips) its a piece of piss to get off.