ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 182 suspension swap...help!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
hi, ive got a standard 1.2 16v dynamique clio, and i want to change over all of the suspension to a clio 182 set-up...

some people have told me that i can just replace my original stuff with this, but others have said its more complicated than it seems, has anyone got any more info about this??

cheers, Peps

You need to replace a load of bits and why bother? the suspension on the 182 is meant for the 182 engine weight C of G, ARB rear suepension setup wise.

To do it to use the wider track you'lll need the shocks, hubs, caliper, disks, wishbones, ARB, ball joints, wisbbones, driveshafts custom making as you JC1 1.2's won't match up to the JC5 ones on the 182. Then youll need new spring rates making up since the 182 has harder poundage springs otherwise you'r car will end up higher than before. Also you'd need the damper revalving to make them correct for the spring rate.

When you add up the cost and effort you might as well put the 182 engine and box etc in as well.

Shocks won't bolt on without bodging or the use of camber correction bolts and then why stick shocks one which arn't right for the car.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
thanks for the advice, i wasnt sure what to believe as ive been told so many different things, it started with lowering it and then someone said for the same money i could have a full 182 setup incl. front discs so would be stopping quicker aswell so i thought id look into it.

thanks again, Peps

pepsi69 said:
thanks for the advice, i wasnt sure what to believe as ive been told so many different things, it started with lowering it and then someone said for the same money i could have a full 182 setup incl. front discs so would be stopping quicker aswell so i thought id look into it.

thanks again, Peps
Stock brakes are more than fine for use including track days.
Get some FK coilover or if your feeling very rich some H and R cilover get them correctly setup with soem good tyres and its very capable arguable quicker round bends than a 182.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
well all i want out of it for now, considering its only a 1.2 is less body roll, it sticks to the road fairly well but just rolls over so much!
i thought some stiffer springs would get rid of the problem a bit and make it a bit more stable around bends, then someone got the 182 setup into my mind and it seemed fairly good at the time!!!