ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Trophy press launch

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Must get a copy of this magazine..... cant find any.

Lees obviously bought them all!! :p

Renaultsport 220T

Cracking DPS image on p4 in Autocar! Shame they didnt retouch the scratches on the paintwork below the window.
And who forgot to replace the dust cap!
:D

GW Clio 200

Impressive review indeed, glad that I have one on its way.... there are aot already made so if you do decide to take the plunge Tom, you will only be waiting a couple of weeks if that!!!...

Canny wait for mine...expected delivery 12/07/05

i still think that for the money its renault conning people again!

15k price is a ripp off for a Trophy as it doesnt have that much differences!

ok maybe the suspension is better but how far can you go with the same amount of power?

best to see what track times are made against the 182 cup to know the difference!

recaros look nice but still the driving postion isnt perfect!

why make the trophy in RED? when the titanium color looks nice!

106 GTi

Quote: Originally posted by 182WRC on 05 July 2005
Cracking DPS image on p4 in Autocar! Shame they didnt retouch the scratches on the paintwork below the window.
And who forgot to replace the dust cap!

Is a fantastic shot, noticed the dust cap too LOL!

106 GTi

Quote: Originally posted by morph on 05 July 2005
ok maybe the suspension is better but  how far can you go with the same amount of power?best to see what track times are made against the 182 cup to know the difference!

Regardless off what times it makes on the track (faster on the renault test track ) the main factor is how well it is said to ride and handle on british roads compared to a normal cup packed car.

Quote: Originally posted by ALLWOOD on 05 July 2005

Just buy a cup get a decent set of coilovers and tires and thers no need for a trophy.
oh, and youve obviously driven one then I take it, would you like to share your experience with us?

106 GTi

Auto Express write up not such a rave (pages 30-31 of this weeks issue), seems they still lust after the ST festa and think that there wouldnt be anything noticeable on your fave road between that and the trophy.

emotionally....i want to say B*llocks to that....but in reality its probably true.....surely unless youve got an hour or so of driving any car in a similar class is going to perform so similarly that unless your being timed and going to worry about 10ths of seconds its academic......and I went to a track day recently and saw a 1994 993RS (c360bhp) HAMMER a very quick guy (ex touring car racer) in a 2004 GT3RS (c400+bhp) repeatedly because the driver of the 993 was exceptional.

I love my clio becasue it gives me more than enough to take on anything on the road and have a great time! either blowing them into the weeds or trying to keep up....either way I get mine!

[Edited by jimbers45 on 06 July 2005 at 4:38pm]

106 GTi

I have found a localish dealer that has one on Demo, Walkers in Stourbridge for those who may be local so I am looking forward to booking a 2 hour test.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by r-jay on 06 July 2005
I have found a localish dealer that has one on Demo, Walkers in Stourbridge for those who may be local so I am looking forward to booking a 2 hour test.

oooh, might contact them

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 05 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Jeremy Townsend on 05 July 2005

Autocars front cover this week

"Worlds Greatest Hot Hatch"

"Genius has never come so cheap"

6 pages on the Trophy, "Best value performance car on sale in the UK today"

Stromba will be gutted.

:-(

/y0z

Didnt realise you could compare a car on sale today with one thats no longer produced?

Williams will always be the best and they didnt have to be heavily discounted to sell....

the williams owners really dont like the

172/172 cup/182/182 with cup packs/182 cup/182 trophy thing do thwy

i sense jelousy that there is a new daddy!

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Matt Wills on 06 July 2005
Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 05 July 2005Quote: Originally posted by Jeremy Townsend on 05 July 2005 Autocars front cover this week "Worlds Greatest Hot Hatch""Genius has never come so cheap"6 pages on the Trophy, "Best value performance car on sale in the UK today"
[/QUOTE]

Stromba will be gutted.

/y0zDidnt realise you could compare a car on sale today with one thats no longer produced?Williams will always be the best and they didnt have to be heavily discounted to sell....[/QUOTE]

You still desperate to be first to buy mine when I sell Matt?

Quote: Originally posted by specialK on 07 July 2005

^^ well your "text" says ctr so I think that was a fair assumption on .Griff.s part dont you?!?!?

Let me get this right!

My text says ctr and that gives me atouch of the greenmonster

but if my text had ....clio that would be ok then?

A Bunch of :p

VaVa

No, the assumption was that the text indicated the car you drive. And it was a fair assumption at that. Mind you, I cant see the word tw*t in the text anywhere, but thats the assumption Ive made...;)

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 07 July 2005

No, the assumption was that the text indicated the car you drive. And it was a fair assumption at that. Mind you, I cant see the word tw*t in the text anywhere, but thats the assumption Ive made...;)

And i can see D*ckH**d in your text. And thats not an assumption!

Quote: Originally posted by Matt Wills on 06 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 05 July 2005

Autocars front cover this week

"Worlds Greatest Hot Hatch"

"Genius has never come so cheap"

6 pages on the Trophy, "Best value performance car on sale in the UK today"

Stromba will be gutted.

/y0z

Didnt realise you could compare a car on sale today with one thats no longer produced?

Williams will always be the best and they didnt have to be heavily discounted to sell....
W A S / W E R E the best.

So was the Ford Popular once, FFS.

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by morph on 07 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 07 July 2005

And i can see D*ckH**d in your text. And thats not an assumption!

Hmmm. So you cant read either. Never mind. I suspect your eyesight has diminished due to excessive self gratification.

So which magazine would that be ?

That new magazine "Williamsisthebestwthingsinceslicedbread" monthly....

Quote: Originally posted by Vee Six on 05 July 2005

The new Clio Trophy would dump on an ancient old Williams from a very big height. Anyone who cant see that probably lives somewhere surrounded by cuckoos...get real.

(Or join the Morris Minor fanatics who probably think their cars are still as fast as modern machinery too...)

The newest 182 is brilliant and those sl*gging off Autocar and Auto Express couldnt stay with their test drivers if their lives depended on it.

Again, get real.
well what a surprise another 2 shining examples of this site, because someone mentions that they will wait untill a different mag reviews the trophy, u slate him saying this crap yet he dont own a williams or even say a bad word about the trophy, someone even mentions that they think the williams owners are jealous! yet nothing was said! lol u really show how inteligent u are.