ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 182 tyre foam

fat 182

how many cans of are you ment to get with the 182 i only got one and the hand book says you need two cans to fix a tyre to get you home.

my local dealer wont give me an other can even though i showed the the hand book they say it only comes with one can.

their ether telling the truth of just being tight!:confused:

Should come with 2, personally though I would buy a cig lighter compressor from halfords, it may save you having to buy a new tyre. Unless of course its a REALLY BAD puncture

Yaris Hybrid

Mine came with only one can amongst all the other problems and I went feckin mental about the whole lot and they gave me another can.

Your dealer is full of sh1t. If you get a puncture you cant fix it with one can.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

They are supposed to come with 2 cans,its not your dealer being tight its them ripping you off...go mental in the morning if they say anything other than they will supply the missing can.

Defo 2 cans mate.

Got my new 182 on Monday and had the two cans in a seperate leather wallet type thing that fits nicely in the glovebox.

Got mine as an import, but still had 2 cans in a wallet under the passenger seat.

Salesman didnt know they were there, neither did i till i got home, so when we couldnt find them he went around to service dept. and got me a bigger can of the holts tyre weld and gave me that.

Whilst the 2 cans might do the job, I think a spare wheel in the boot is a better idea....see previous correspondence on this excellent site

Quote: Originally posted by JEZZA182 on 28 November 2004

Got my new 182 on Monday and had the two cans in a seperate leather wallet type thing that fits nicely in the glovebox.
were your tyre foam cans in a different wallet to the one the books/manuals come in?

i never got a leather wallet for the tyre foam - they are just rattling around in the boot!

Ziel Nurburgring

Scrappys might be able to provide one of those space saver wheels as a spare, but 16s are a fairly uncommon size and you might not find one. .

I could not find my cans when I got the car, so I went back to the dealer to enquire and was told I had a spare wheel.

Very funny when two of the salesmen came out to show me where the spare was under the boot carpet..

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 29 November 2004

Scrappys might be able to provide one of those space saver wheels as a spare, but 16s are a fairly uncommon size and you might not find one. .
I have been reliablly informed on this forum that a 15 inch off another renault (clio, megane, maybe laguna) will fit.

Quote: Originally posted by JEZZA182 on 28 November 2004

Defo 2 cans mate.

does anyone know whether the tyre foam cans should come in a different wallet to the one the books/manuals come in?

i was only given a leather wallet thing for the manuals. the tyre foam cans are rattling around in the boot.

should i go back to the dealer and ask for the tyre foam wallet? does anybody have a picture of what it should look like?

Astra VXR 17/05/07

I never got a wallet for the foam and i dont think they are supposed to come in one.Some dealers give them out but i dont think its standard.

I keep my 2 cans and my manual in the tray under the passenger seat.

mine came with a wallet for docs a wallet for tyre foam and the toolkit in a bag strapped to the osr inner 1/4 in the boot.

can one of you possibly take a picture of the tyre foam wallet - i want to show the dealer what they should have given me.

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 01 December 2004
mine came with a wallet for docs a wallet for tyre foam and the toolkit in a bag strapped to the osr inner 1/4 in the boot.

Same here.

Quote: Originally posted by rcp_ on 02 December 2004

can one of you possibly take a picture of the tyre foam wallet - i want to show the dealer what they should have given me.

if i remember tonight ill take a pic when i get home

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 02 December 2004

Quote: Originally posted by rcp_ on 02 December 2004

if i remember tonight ill take a pic when i get home

cheers

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 01 December 2004

^^ditto.

Got a flat last week coming off a slip road. Couldnt stop on a roundabout so had to keep going @ 20mph to the nearest layby. Totally mashed up the sidewall etc.

Anyway, locked the car, got home. Called Kwik-fit the next day and they told me they have a Michelin Exalto II...in Aberdeen! After some frantic searching and phonecalls though, the AA sorted it out for me. The guy had a mate who works in a local tyre place, and he had a couple of them lying around.

Sorted it all out, but at 107 quid a pop my advice is - Dont get a puncture!!

Kotafey

liam - that looks like the manuals/documents wallet. are you saying that the tyre foam cans use the same wallet? i thought someone said earlier that the tyre foam cans use a different wallet (but just in the same style as the manuals wallet).

Ford Fiesta

yes you are correct, the manual holder has a renault badge as at the single centre fastener.

The tyre foam one has as you can see above 2X stud fasteners.

hadnt noticed before.

im such a dweeb, lol
only looked at them both breifly at the dealer when i picked it up saturday and i managed to remember that useless piece of info

Ford Fiesta

just looked at mine Loony, in fact both mine are exactly the same, both have the 2 clips ad the renault badge. Is your tyre foam holder different, does it have a compartment each for the 2 cans of foam etc?