ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 vs Civic Type R

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
Why do people always say "once the V-tec kicks in, they are fast" when racing. When racing, the V-tec is kicking in and there is still no difference.

they are quicker "when v-tec kicks in yo"

When they get above a certain rev range, they're "on cam" and the engine starts developing more powers, and theres a noticeable difference, a lot of people can feel it on their 172/182's above 5k, however it's no as noticeable, or as good :rasp:

P

phill172

Sex is like pizza, when its hot its good but when its cold its still kinda good:eek:

lol[/quote]

Epic :approve:

Fiesta ST Stage 3
dont think thats right when the V-TEC kicks in ( YO ) there is some difference i can tell you :) the trick with the type R is understanding how to drive them .

Why do people always say "once the V-tec kicks in, they are fast" when racing. When racing, the V-tec is kicking in and there is still no difference.

MCS R56
dont think thats right when the V-TEC kicks in ( YO ) there is some difference i can tell you :) the trick with the type R is understanding how to drive them .

I mean there is no difference between a Clio and a Civic in terms of pace.

Shed.

No offence but the vtec is a stupid engine. Honda thought they were being clever producing an engine which was boring as f**k at low revs and having a silly system which is more like an induction kit after you reach 5k anyways.

Wasnt the idea to have a normal driver at low revs and a sports car at high revs. They should have let vtec kick in (YO) at about 3-4k.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
But that would take the fun away from it IMOH . cant say i see eye to eye with you on V-TEC is a stupid engine tho :S

No offence but the vtec is a stupid engine. Honda thought they were being clever producing an engine which was boring as f**k at low revs and having a silly system which is more like an induction kit after you reach 5k anyways.

Wasnt the idea to have a normal driver at low revs and a sports car at high revs. They should have let vtec kick in (YO) at about 3-4k.

honda make great engines imo, but i can see what u mean, its either all or nothing. the vtec can be set to come in earlier, all it does is change to a different cam profile. and engine with plenty of low down grunt is more pleasurable to drive on the road tho

Fiesta ST Stage 3
IMO tho thats not what a type R should be it should be a hi rev screamer if you want low down grunt buy a golf TDI . Never driven a civic type R so can not coment but my ATR has not to bad low down grunt ok not amazing but not bad i would say about the same as my old mk 1 172 .

honda make great engines imo, but i can see what u mean, its either all or nothing. the vtec can be set to come in earlier, all it does is change to a different cam profile. and engine with plenty of low down grunt is more pleasurable to drive on the road tho

i agree, i wasnt slagging the vtec off at all, i love a high revving screamer, i was going to buy a itr dc2! but other peaple have different taste, and prefer a car with more low end grunt, these are the ones that dont like the vtec.

IMO tho thats not what a type R should be it should be a hi rev screamer if you want low down grunt buy a golf TDI . Never driven a civic type R so can not coment but my ATR has not to bad low down grunt ok not amazing but not bad i would say the same as my old mk 1 172 .

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Good point . I think im in the camp of hi rev screamers still tho . Give it a few more years when im an old git and i bet i will change my mind LOL :)

i agree, i wasnt slagging the vtec off at all, i love a high revving screamer, i was going to buy a itr dc2! but other peaple have different taste, and prefer a car with more low end grunt, these are the ones that dont like the vtec.

IMO tho thats not what a type R should be it should be a hi rev screamer if you want low down grunt buy a golf TDI . Never driven a civic type R so can not coment but my ATR has not to bad low down grunt ok not amazing but not bad i would say the same as my old mk 1 172 .