ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 182 vs vectra gsi

172 Cup
cossie dave said:
right guys been takin to this uy seen him at kfc its a v6 lightened fly n throttle body mods 220 bhp at fly176@wheels he reckonks top end 161 on gps scooby slayer

Did you buy the alue ucket eal by any chance?

(sorry... couldn't help it)

I've chased one off a roundabout and onto a motorway slip road.

He almost understeered into the armco, while with my superior handling I could choose either lane.

MINI JCW
R8TDL said:
Oh....you must have assumed (up until you met the vectra anyway) that the 182 is/was invincible then....:sleepy:

It was probably the new VXR Vectra.....I believe they are on a par with the M3 and RS4....on Top gear a few episodes ago and they are sh*t quick!

Its great when you get put in your place though isn't it.

It humbles you.

Especially when its a Vauxhall!

Sadly, you picked the wrong car to try and shake!

You are possible the most argumentative person on this forum, everytime I read one of your posts its basically about the 172/182 or commenting on what someone has said about the 182

Back on topic it was a 2000 Vectra so isn’t going to be a VXR. The new Vectra VXR has about 260bhp and a Audi RS4 has about 400, the Audi is way quicker it can hit 100 in just over 10secs, the only place where a VXR Vectra is faster is top speed and that’s because the M3 and RS4 are limited.

May I suggest you actually get your facts right for once before you post

Clio 172 mk2
cossie dave said:
right guys been takin to this uy seen him at kfc its a v6 lightened fly n throttle body mods 220 bhp at fly176@wheels he reckonks top end 161 on gps scooby slayer

What...is it getting a tow from a Jet fighter?

As for being a Scooby Slayer a well driven modified STi would hand it it's arse no problem whatsoever

gazcaddy said:
You are possible the most argumentative person on this forum, everytime I read one of your posts its basically about the 172/182 or commenting on what someone has said about the 182

Back on topic it was a 2000 Vectra so isn’t going to be a VXR. The new Vectra VXR has about 260bhp and a Audi RS4 has about 400, the Audi is way quicker it can hit 100 in just over 10secs, the only place where a VXR Vectra is faster is top speed and that’s because the M3 and RS4 are limited.

May I suggest you actually get your facts right for once before you post

It's called being bitter for owning a laguna engined clio with a halfords bodykit and the performance of a garbage truck :clown:

from Trophy 2 work van :(
What the f**k!! It's a crappy Vectra so who cares!!! They are the ultimate shite!! Even that VXR one!! It can only go fast in a straight line!! :coffee:

Lux'd Glacier White R26
At KFC..Lmao! I bet he was laughing behind his greasy fully loaded meal when he told you that.

The 2.5 V6 192bhp is pretty nippy, to 60 it would be slower, but would keep going stronger after that all the way to the ton, and beyond.

The VXR on the other hand (no idea why this was mentioned earlier) - But it suffers due to it being FWD - 255 bhp through the front wheels? What were Vauxhall thinking? It doesn't even have a limited slip diff does it?

Tyson.

Clio v6 & Atom 300
TheJesus said:
It's called being bitter for owning a laguna engined clio with a halfords bodykit and the performance of a garbage truck :clown:

And theres another pointless argumentative post.:boring:

Check your stats and see that standard Vee's are FASTER than standard 172/182's.

So by your analogy does that make the 172/182 a milkfloat?

Lets keep this to the topic.

Peter:dapprove:

MINI JCW
Clio_V6_255 said:
And theres another pointless argumentative post.:boring:

Check your stats and see that standard Vee's are FASTER than standard 172/182's.

So by your analogy does that make the 172/182 a milkfloat?

Lets keep this to the topic.

Peter:dapprove:

The V6 255 is a bit faster, although the Mk1 V6 has very similar 0-100 times to 172/182

Also 182 is half the price of a V6

Golf 7R
These vs threads make me chuckle, the vxr vectra is no scooby killer as fast as it is!! it has a 0-60 time of 6.5 same as mine and will carry on to 161 with an overweight bored of his life sales rep behind the wheel. as for the gsi.....please!

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
TheJesus said:

Yeah.....I'm real bitter.....I wish I didn't own a V6.....In fact I think I'll put it up for sale or maybe trade for a run of the mill 2 litre RS with the desirability of a turd in a swimming a pool. Do you drive an RS? If os what number is it?

Fact: V6 does have a Laguna engine. You really know you're stuff. Did you also know that the air filter on the MK1 is held in with a bit of seat belt form the factory in sweden? How cool is that! All hand built....noe of this mass production nonsense.

Misinformation: Halfords did not make the V6 clio body panels....I believe TWR racing did...;)

Misinformation: A garbage truck does not hit 60 in around 6 seconds.....have you ever seen one? ;)

Maybe you should suggest removing the halfords Garbage truck with a laguna engine picture from the banner at the top of this website. It can't really be doing any good for marketing a Renault/Clio Sport forum...:rolleyes:

cant believe you lot worrying about vectra gsi's ,i see one run at pod and it couldnt get under 16 seconds !!!
vectra has 137 bhp/ton ,182 has 170 bhp/ton ..................its a no contest!!
i had a dice with a old shape sri v6 on a d.c a while back ,he was right up my back side trying to shove me out the way and we were already doing 80,i pulled into left lane and he started to come past, as he got level i floored it and from 80 to the redline at 120 in 4th i really did pull a BIG gap on him ..it was utter crap honestly .

Last edited:
  Clio 172 mk2
lei69gh said:
These vs threads make me chuckle, the vxr vectra is no scooby killer as fast as it is!! it has a 0-60 time of 6.5 same as mine and will carry on to 161 with an overweight bored of his life sales rep behind the wheel. as for the gsi.....please!

Yep...too true