ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 (With & Without the cup)

Clio 182
Hi there, I'm about to buy a Clio Sport 182 but don't think it's the cup version (not 100% sure). I've been told it's had a lot of things added to it like the sports pack but what are the main differences between having a cup version and not? Also what version would you recommend going for?

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Last edited:
  LY V6 with Recaros
It's its not the cup you'll have the half leather/alcantara seats for a start, along with a few other things, xenons, climate control (i think) etc

RenaultSport clio 18
As DEB182 has said and The cup doesn't have the silver insert on the steering wheel and should have cup written underneath the clio badge on the boot.

Clio 182
Thanks lads - I thought the Cup was the version that had all the extras not the other way around.

It's a Black Clio 182, one year old and done 4k miles. I'm getting it for £8.7k - does that sound an ok deal? It had been in an accident and fixed that's why it's so cheap (or at least I hope it's cheap).

Also what is included in the sports pack? It has sports suspension as well not sure if that's part of the pack.

Octavia VRS
c9kay said:
Thanks lads - I thought the Cup was the version that had all the extras not the other way around.

It's a Black Clio 182, one year old and done 4k miles. I'm getting it for £8.7k - does that sound an ok deal? It had been in an accident and fixed that's why it's so cheap (or at least I hope it's cheap).

Also what is included in the sports pack? It has sports suspension as well not sure if that's part of the pack.

like me you are wanting a full fat 182 with cup packs (suspension/wheels and spoiler).

Depends how big an accident the car has been in. You aren't in central Scotland btw? I've looked at a black gold 182 that's been a crashed repaired that's local to me

Clio 182
_Kenny_ said:
like me you are wanting a full fat 182 with cup packs (suspension/wheels and spoiler).

Depends how big an accident the car has been in. You aren't in central Scotland btw? I've looked at a black gold 182 that's been a crashed repaired that's local to me

Yes I am - where about was it you saw it? lol

It's a friend of my brother that owns the bodyshop who repaired it so would imagine (hope) he's done a good job with it. Anyway going to see it tonight.

Octavia VRS
Live in West Calder mate, I've passed this 182 outside Calder Coachcrafts. A mate of mine knows the owner and his son and he told me they were repairing crashed RS Clios (they've had a few 182s and a 172 Cup iirc) and selling them on. I just assumed the black 182 I've seen is one of these.

Clio 182
Cool mate, that's the one I'm just about to go and see (I'm from Bo'ness). Have you seen it? Good condition? Do you think it's a good deal?

BMW 320d SE
c9kay: If it has dark grey (anthracite) wheels (as opposed to plain old silver), then it more than likely has the cup suspension pack.
If it has a large rear spoiler, and a black splitter below the front bumper, then it has the cup spoiler pack.

Clio 182
Thanks Karlos, that's a great help. I know for def it has the dark grey (anthracite) wheels so will check for the cup spoiler pack when I go and see it.

BMW 320d SE
No problemo. Make sure you give it a thorough going over before parting with any cash though!
PS. Sometimes the dealers forgot to put the front splitters on, even though the car suppsedly had the cup spoilers!

Octavia VRS
Just looked at it while passing mate, never actually had a really good look as not in a position to buy yet. The only thing I noticed which was wrong is the centre cap of the front passenger side alloy is missing. It has the cup wheels and spoiler.
My mate has said they are all repaired very well and of a good quality. If I was you I'd want to know how big a smash the car was involved in, what repairs were carried out, if these repairs are guaranteed and whether it is down as a Cat D vehicle.
Let me know what you reckon to the quality mate

Clio 182
Karlos69 said:
No problemo. Make sure you give it a thorough going over before parting with any cash though!

Will do mate - I'm taking my brother (he works for Reg Vardy Renault) to have a look at it for me :D

Clio 182
ady60 said:
if your brother works for reg vardy couldnt he find you a nice cheap straight one?

Even with him getting me a discount I still couldn't get a Clio 182 for as good a deal. If it was a brand new car then maybe as he could get me a 15% - 25% discount. This car has everything added to it, only done 4k miles so not even broken in yet & my brother seen the damage before it was fixed and says it wasn't bad. Reg Vardy is selling a similar car (same spec) the now and that's going for £11.5k and I got mine for less than £9k.

Fiesta ST3
i got mine from reg vardy sheffield and payed £11000 for it on a 54 plate with 8500 on the clock so i know what you mean about the prices:(
just asking besause the used car salesman had got rid of my old car to his brother in law before i even drove off in my 182??

Octavia VRS
Yeh mate as said in my pm, as long as you're happy. If all is fine with the 182, that's not a bad deal at all

182 Full Fat
Excellent mate, you went for the Full Fat 182 in the end. You'll love the xenons. They really light up the road, and look great!

Lotus Elise S2 111S
I picked mine up last night, a full fat 182 with cup packs. You'll love it mate. Mine had a crash into a kerb, but was repaired at dealer, and is fully warrantied up. I would make sure you get a letter saying warranty intact if you can.

Xenons are superb, was amazed with them. And also confused when I didn't realise they come on automatically at night!!