ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197 - Carbon Fibre Pack

Morning all

I'm looking at buying a Clio 197, and would like a bit of information from you experts please.

This is the example i'm looking at - is this anyone on here's old car?

media?id=239317922&width=1024&height=768.gif

media?id=239317925&width=1024&height=768.gif

media?id=239317932&width=1024&height=768.gif

I quite like the Carbon pack - is that a standard pack? If so how much extra was this from Renault?

I see some come with Recaro's, would anyone recommend these over the standard seats? Worth the extra £££? How much were these from Renault?

This example is just shy of 6k on 54,000 miles , is that a reasonable enough price?

Also, what kind of MPG do these average on a motorway run as I will be travelling 40 miles per day.. I have a Skoda VRS at the moment and the 1.8T averages at near on 40MPHG!

​Thanks in advance.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Ul get about 30 mpg on a run... 23-24 mpground town

the skirts and splitter were optional extras from renault yes as for price im not sure...

Recaros are good seats but suffer from wear on the bolsters.. I think the option for those was £1200 or so

as for the price of the car.. Not a clue sorry :dapprove:

They might well be, Peugeot did lots of SportPack extras for the 306, not many got sold as most looked terrible.

personally I just find the above pictures just look a little bit fussy, I'm not sure perhaps it might work better with a black car but the splitter and skirts just look a bit wrong to me.

RB 200
I quite like the Carbon pack

its just plastic, and although I bought the side skirts for my 197 rep, I only done it because the rear quarters looked shabby and it covered it. IIRC the skirts cost me £115 each, and the splitter for the front would be roughly the same, my cup spoiler was £150 ish .. but in hindsight It looked like a Ironing board was stuck to my tailgate. ended up spoiling my car.

Renault Clio 197 Cup
They are just RenaultSport optional splitter/skirts and a cup spolier, and not real carbon, just textured plastics

Be aware that the cambelt will need doing at 62k, so unless thats been done, you could use it in your favour. Personally id hold out for one with Recaros, they make the car for me IMO

Last edited:
I quite like that :) but I'd want the Cambelt doing by a specalist ! So try get money off (£400-£500)

The seats are good standard but the recaros are lovely , but you could always get a set fitted if that's the car you want !

Moneys about right I reckon for age mileage but like said get the Cambelt done!

172, Tiguan
Horses for courses, I prefer the standard seats for daily use.

​£6k seems reasonable from a dealer to me but as someone else has said, check belts have been done.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Looks pants to me - I think they look a million times better without that tosh. Plus you do a lot of damage trying to remove it all.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Personally I think it's overpriced. I've seen early cars going for around the 4.5k mark recently. Just to put the price into perspective I paid sub 6k for my 2007 R27 15 months ago on similar miles.

If the belts haven't been done then I'd be wanting a MASSIVE discount. If they haven't had the belts done, what else hasn't been done? Belts is a big thing to be finding out about. If they have been done, find out where and when.

​Nice car, just 1k overpriced IMO

172, Tiguan
A dealer has to pay his costs somehow. I agree you'd find cheaper privately but it's a choice you have I guess.