ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197 Cup exhaust

197 Cup
Hey all.. Just yesterday I got the most bizarre noise from the car, it sounded like a vibration and only did this from 2 - 2 half thousand revs and only when driving. Now today it sounds like it's blowing and coming from centre section.
My question is what do I replace it with?
I am going to get it up on ramp tomo and get it looked at to find out what is actually wrong and go from there

Ps: just noticed I posted in wrong place (sorry)

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Flexis more than likely at the bottom of the down pipe.

Either a new manifold or weld new flexis in or go aftermarket for the Toyo manifold which will save you some £.

197 Cup
Flexis more than likely at the bottom of the down pipe.

Either a new manifold or weld new flexis in or go aftermarket for the Toyo manifold which will save you some £.
You think that's what it could be? How much are the toyo manifolds, if you happen to know.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Check the clamp/band that connects the silencer section to the cat section.

Mine fell off a couple of months ago so it could be that coming loose.

Toyosport manifolds are £200ish but require the subframe (iirc) to be notched

197 Cup
Check the clamp/band that connects the silencer section to the cat section.

Mine fell off a couple of months ago so it could be that coming loose.

Toyosport manifolds are £200ish but require the subframe (iirc) to be notched

Yeh no prob. I'm going to take it to the garage tomo let them get it up. I'm hope it ain't the worse news possible. It just came on sudden and today it got worse, not that bad yesterday.

197 Cup
Well.. the exhaust is completely fine and no blowing. They cant see anything wrong and don't know what the noise is

Clio 197
Sounds like a blow and / or the baffles rattling in the exhaust. Trouble is the place where the flexis go are hard to access , get your hand in and around the flexis (when the engine is cold so you don't fry your hand) and check for leaks. Also get a mate to temporarily block the exhaust pipes whilst you check as it will help pinpoint the issue.

197 Cup
Garage had it up and said the whole lot was fine, looked in at the flexis never saw any signs of leaking. Didn't try blocking the exhausts tho

Clio 197
Another idea, try on a cooler morning , as the exhaust heats up you may be able to see where it's leaking.

197 Cup
I'm going to try everything, as I say it went in this morning and they found nothing but did say that there is a something wrong.

197 Cup
Well i put car in another garage today and got bad news... It was theflexis.So front section needs replaced.