ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 197 cup interior pics?

Tangoed Works
and also, why have they not disclosed the curb weight of the 197 cup on the renault sport website??

Mabye the weight saving is so minimal its truly embarrasing.

Clio200 EDC Lux
The weight saving is 20kg a joke IMO can't see why you would want a "197 cup"

197 cup has key ignition not the hands free cards, no drilled pedals, cheap plastic dash, sides strips and wing mirrors not colour coded.
No a/c, manual mirrors plus more stuff I can't think of

standard 197 + cup pack = job done

Last edited:
  Tangoed Works
same deal with the 182 then. why make a cup that isnt really a cup? i guess its a cheaper way to get into a 197 with the suspension tweeks as a bonus.

i rekcon most 197 owners wil opt for cup pack as did the 182 owners

Clio200 EDC Lux
exactly is it worth having a pikey version of the 197 just to save 20kg? Sadly the difference between the 172 and 172cup will never be reproduced imo.

White 197
I certainly would like to see the difference in the dash.

its the same as the dynamiques iirc

Oh, I thought all the Mk 3's had the same dash as the 197 and that this cheaper dash was out of the Clio Van.

I might have got that wrong of course. I sat in a Dynamique a few months ago and didn't notice a difference in quality so perhaps if that is the case then the Cup wouldn't be too bad.

I think however if I was purchasing now and an F1 wasn't available , I would probably spec a ff 197 with the cup chassis option.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
The dash is out of the expression. Dynamique and above has the soft touch dash.

clio sport f1 r27
i only orderd my f1 last sat and collected it on fri, there is still a few unregistered out there ! As for price of cup they are now taking orders and i remember asking him on the price and am sure he said it was more expensive !!! And way i see it why say more for less !

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Can you get the standard 197 with the Cup suspension?

The only advantage for me personally of the Cup would be that I really dislike the cardkey thing - I'd rather just have a key.

Dan

clio sport f1 r27
it grows on you though its so wierd though locking unlocking and starting a car with the card in ur pocket!

ST
I believe the 197 cup has black trim around the air vents not silver.

Indeed has a dynamique steering wheel too...

I got my R27 cheaper than the cup...has cup suspenson, recaro's, mp3 cd player, aircon, a proper steering wheel, cruise control, 'soft touch dash' all as standard...

In the case case of the 197 cup less certainly isn't more..

Golf GTI PP Mk7
i think we're all forgetting something here...

IT COMES IN GLACIER WHITE!!!! TEH PR0N!!!!

im getting one, its cheaper, looks spot on with the black wheels and white paint, and comes with recaros on the options list.

yes please.

I believe the 197 cup has black trim around the air vents not silver.

Indeed has a dynamique steering wheel too...

I got my R27 cheaper than the cup...has cup suspenson, recaro's, mp3 cd player, aircon, a proper steering wheel, cruise control, 'soft touch dash' all as standard...

In the case case of the 197 cup less certainly isn't more..

Alan - Is the MP3 CD player in the R27 4x15w or 4x40w?

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
i think we're all forgetting something here...

IT COMES IN GLACIER WHITE!!!! TEH PR0N!!!!

im getting one, its cheaper, looks spot on with the black wheels and white paint, and comes with recaros on the options list.

yes please.

They are all available in white now for £360!

ST
4x15 i think mate...tweeters in the dash, one in each door and one in each rear door card.

Its not too bad for a standard for a standard system tho i will be fitting my becker grand prix and MB Quart titanium front comps soonish..

4x15 i think mate...tweeters in the dash, one in each door and one in each rear door card.

Its not too bad for a standard for a standard system tho i will be fitting my becker grand prix and MB Quart titanium front comps soonish..

I was playing around on speccing a 197 on RS and if you add Recaros you can't have the 4x40w stereo! :S

ST
R27 spec list as standard:

Cup Chassis with stiffer springs and dampers + red painted brake callipers

-
-
-
Ride height lowered by 7mm
Stiffer springs - 27% at the front and 30% at the rear
Dampers stiffened by 10%•17" Anthracite Renaultsport Wheels•Renaultsport Recaro Seats•Extra Tinted Rear Windows•4 x 15W MP3 Compatible Single CD Player•F1 Team Decals (Front And Rear)•Numbered Plaque (1-500)•Renault Hands Free Card•Manual Air Conditioning•ESP with disconnection function•Cruise Control & Speed Limiter•Front Fog Lamps•Satin Chrome Door Handles•Immobiliser with deadlocking•Height Adjustable Driver's Seat•Renaultsport Extended Front Wings with Integrated Side Air Extractors, extended rear wings and sills•Rear Air Diffuser with Twin Exhausts•Body coloured Electrically Adjustable and Heated Door Mirrors with Drivers Blind Spot Eliminating Mirror•Height and Reach Adjustable Renaultsport Leather Steering Wheel with Stitched Red Centreband•Soft Touch Carbon Dashboard with Satin Chrome instrument dial surrounds and interior door handles•Front Electric Windows with Driver One Touch Control•Multi-function Trip Computer•Drilled Aluminium Pedals•Variable Assisted Power Steering•ABS with EBD (Electronic Brake Distribution)•New generation height adjustable front headrests•Two height adjustable 3 point front seatbelts with integrated pretensioners and load limiters•Three 3 point rear seatbelts with integrated pretensioners and load limiters on the outer rear seats•Three height adjustable rear headrests•Insurance Approved Engine Immobiliser (Thatcham Category 2)•Insurance Approved Alarm system (Thatcham Category 1)•Remote Central locking with Deadlocking•RAID (Renault Anti Intruder Device)•Puncture repair spray (ilo spare wheel)•Driver and Front Passenger Airbags•Front Lateral Airbags•Curtain Airbags•ISOFIX mounting points on outer rear seats•60:40 split folding rear seat

197 Cup spec list as standard:

Cup Chassis with stiffer springs and dampers + red painted brake callipers
-
-
-
Ride height lowered by 7mm
Stiffer springs - 27% at the front and 30% at the rear
Dampers stiffened by 10%•17" Anthracite Renaultsport Wheels•ESP with disconnection function•Front Fog Lamps•Black Door Handles•Immobiliser with deadlocking•Height Adjustable Driver's Seat•Renaultsport Extended Front Wings with Integrated Side Air Extractors, extended rear wings and sills•Rear Air Diffuser with Twin Exhausts•Manual Door Mirrors with Drivers Blind Spot Eliminating Mirrors•Height Adjustable Leather Steering Wheel•Satin Chrome Dashboard Inserts•Front Electric Windows•Multi-function Trip Computer•Variable Assisted Power Steering•ABS with EBD (Electronic Brake Distribution)•New generation height adjustable front headrests•Two height adjustable 3 point front seatbelts with integrated pretensioners and load limiters•Three 3 point rear seatbelts•Three height adjustable rear headrests•Insurance Approved Engine Immobiliser (Thatcham Category 2)•Insurance Approved Alarm system (Thatcham Category 1)•Remote Central locking with Deadlocking•RAID (Renault Anti Intruder Device)•Puncture repair spray (ilo spare wheel)•Driver and Front Passenger Airbags•Front Lateral Airbags•ISOFIX mounting points on outer rear seats•60:40 split folding rear seat•2X15W Radio CD with fingertip Remote Controls, 2 Tweeters and 2 Speakers

ST

I was playing around on speccing a 197 on RS and if you add Recaros you can't have the 4x40w stereo! :S

IIRC thats something to do with that particular stereo option coming with either a small sub woofer or a multi changer which sits under the passenger seat due to the recaro seats having lower sub frames theres no room.

I did think about the changer under the seat, but isn't the changer built into the dash now on some models?

Clio200 EDC Lux
I did think about the changer under the seat, but isn't the changer built into the dash now on some models?

Yes the changer is in the dash but the amp is under the seat, hence if you want recaro's you can't have the 6cd

ST
Anyone has tyre pressure monitors as an option?

Paul g on here had them on the 225 he had before he got his 197 and said they were more hassle than they were worth...

A lot on Megane Sport say the same tho..

Indeed, they are stupid money...i thought i got a bargain at £14,250 on my R27 brand new (basic spec) considering the RRP on the basic spec was £17,250...the only thing i would want from the options list is Xenons as i had them on the 182 and i do miss them a lot, tho i'll be getting an HID kit very soon.

Yeah that is a good price. I'd have to order xenons though. It's crazy that xenons, climate, half leather etc was all standard on the 182.

Anyone has tyre pressure monitors as an option?

Paul g on here had them on the 225 he had before he got his 197 and said they were more hassle than they were worth...

A lot on Megane Sport say the same tho..

Just thought my sister has them on her dynamic s Clio, she had a problem with the front wheel, saying tyre flat etc but it was at the right pressure.

Just thought it might be a nice touch at trackdays! :cool:

ST
Indeed, they are stupid money...i thought i got a bargain at £14,250 on my R27 brand new (basic spec) considering the RRP on the basic spec was £17,250...the only thing i would want from the options list is Xenons as i had them on the 182 and i do miss them a lot, tho i'll be getting an HID kit very soon.

Yeah that is a good price. I'd have to order xenons though. It's crazy that xenons, climate, half leather etc was all standard on the 182.

Very true mate tho at the time i only paid £11,800 for my 182 brand new from a main dealer two years ago, black gold with both cup packs, list price was £14,800-£15,200 IIRC...same dealer as i bought the R27 from too..

Bloody Hell that was good! My 182 cost £13,500 with both cup packs & CD changer though a dealer :(

If........... if I go for a 197 I will defo shop around, do really like the Megane R26 but 2 things are putting me off. 1 it doesn't come in Racing Blue and 2 the new shape Megane will be out next year with an RS to follow probably the year later.

ST
My 182 was pre reg'd with 6 miles on the clock tho mate...R27 was brand new tho, was actually in the show room...

clio sport f1 r27
yeh if u go to arnold clark there doing them for 13995 standard think its an extra 200 or 300 for metalic paint :p