ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 197 dropped on H&r's with R30 18"s

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Dont get H&R confused with cheaper spring like the apex etc, they really are a quality product, tuv approved etc

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
That looks how it should of from the start.Loads of cars have 18's ,why not he clio

ian

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
That looks how it should of from the start.Loads of cars have 18's ,why not he clio

ian

its not very quick on 17's so i dread to think what its like on 18's,i dont know about this shape but all the other model clio's have never driven well on big wheels,i prefer 15's on my 172

Renaultsport Clio 197
Ive just ordered those H&R springs from k-tec. Gonna be putting them on next week. Also ive decided not to buy the bigger wheels but will be pwder coating them instead. Prefer to stick with 17's to be honest. Also its black so will loook very similar.

Clio 197
Looks v.good but:

Jeez... what's the rolling-radius on that?

That's a 6.8% bigger rolling-radius, making it even slower (Ph-titanic is already slow enough).

I'm basing this on the 215/40 figure (stated on renault's website). There's also another of 215/45 (again on the renaultsport website), however, I'm not sure which one is correct.

What about offsets & handling? Has your friend given you any feedback on that side of things?

Mk2 Ph1 1.2
this car is just getting better and better...
everytime i see one on road or in a pic it just makes me like it more and more and more!!!

SLK 350
Nice, but why pt H+Rs on the car? The only thing good about the 197 is the handling.

Just seems a bit pointless, fair enough if the standard setup was s**t, but its not.

Because they come off the line looking like their fit to contend with a Range Rover, they look frankly sh1te standard.

So many reasons, be interesting to hear how it handles, I can hardly imagine a set of H&R ruining the handling, it's the chassis that makes the 197 handle.