ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197 options

Right in the last couple of months I've been thinking of getting a Clio 197

I've noticed a lot have dropped a bit in value so in the next few months ill think about it , but what I can get my head around is the options :/

I've used the search bar but to no avail, before people say, and can't find a definitive what they had standard etc

so , what does a 197 sport come with completely standard ? And what were the options to be added ?

reason I ask is Ive seen loads without climate control and xenons , which I really want as it feels like a down grade from my 182 !

I obviously gather the cup is a stripped out version with poverty spec , which I don't really want, but I've seen people having loads of issues with the Recaros ripping, so is it worth just having the normal seats ?

I really want a 197 with the cup spoiler and climate and xenons cruise , and I've seen something about keyless what's that like on them?

Thanks for the info
Dean

I might be wrong but I think you get xenons, climate control, auto lights and wipers, cup pack with red brembos, recaros and they did liquid yellow paint work as well as the other colours.

Limited edition too so should hold it's value better but you pay more to start with.

I might be wrong but I think you get xenons, climate control, auto lights and wipers, cup pack with red brembos, recaros and they did liquid yellow paint work as well as the other colours.

Limited edition too so should hold it's value better but you pay more to start with.

Sounds exactly like what I'm after ! Do they hold a premium though over normal 197's?

Sounds good though , can you get a normal 197 with them though or are they only on the R27?

I love the looks of LY clios but don't think I'd want to own one ! Liking Albi blue ATM haha

Clio182 turb Audi S5
The r27 sounds good, but as for 197's I wouldn't get one if you drive a 182 not as much fun and don't look as good in my opinion. I would have an Rs 200 tho!!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Standard ones come with

'soft touch dash'
cruise control
silver raider alloys
brembo brakes

options were
climate control (digital display on the dash)
Projector lights
xenons with cornering lights (headlight washers)
rs splitter
rs skirts
cup spoiler
cup chassis (red brembos)
recaros

r27s came with recaros and cup chassis as standard and you could spec them with ly, you can't get a standard 197 in ly

The r27 has cup packs and Recaros. Xenons and climate were an option.

You can get cups packs on 2007 onwards on "normal" 197's.

Test drive a few and make your own mind up whether 197's are less fun than 182's....A lot of people will try and convince this is the case.....

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Unlike the 182s where a full fat had the cup chassis and spoiler/splitter, the 197s didn't have a 'spoiler pack' as they didn't come standard with a spoiler, so the full fat 197 is the standard car with the cup chassis.

but the lads on 197.net will confuse you by calling the standard 197 (no options) the ff, then they spec it with the cup chassis... So it becomes the ff + cup chassis. Which IMO makes no sense

haha thanks !! thats cleared up a few things ,

Looks like im after a clio with cup packs then !!

Just dont fancy having less than on my 182, im a wear it wont feel like a rocket ship and they arent that good on fuel !

but they look nice, newer car , less miles etc !!

ill give a few a driver later on in the year see how we get on !! :D

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Cup pack* :p

I'd definitely suggest getting an r27 though, it'll save you hunting for cup chassis and recaros, then you just have to find one with xenons and climate... You can fit the spoilers/splitters yourself

Cup pack* :p

I'd definitely suggest getting an r27 though, it'll save you hunting for cup chassis and recaros, then you just have to find one with xenons and climate... You can fit the spoilers/splitters yourself

i like the idea , ive had a look on 197 . net some really good ones at the right prices on there not come across a R27 yet though , went on pistonheads and autotrader and they seam be WAY over priced like normal!!

Clio 197
I've got a 58 plate white 197 cup with all the options other than climate. Very good car but I did pay over the odds and I've had a few issues with it, engine mounts and driveshafts being the main ones.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
No Ball ache tbh I looked into it, i retro fitted the standard washer kit, and in the end HID'd up my cornering lamps.

That involved new washer bottle and neck, new pump, washers nozzles, and a bit of tubing. Even that cost me over £100.

Easiest thing you can do is,

If you have the silver standard halogens, upgrade to the black cornering lamps, then stick a 5000k HUD kit. Done.

Before (standard with black cornering lamps)

17082008167.jpg

After the retro fit (looked like it came with factory Xenons) The old park it up a hill to make it look lowerz trick ;)

DSC01687-1.jpg

DSC01731.jpg

All the wiring was there on my car, the multiplu for the extra washer pump is simply taped up round the existing washer bottle.

Last edited:
  CLIO 172 2003
I've just brought an R27 off a forum member and it's a lovely car. A lot of fun to drive. And less rattles than my old 172.

Phase 2 172
I'd go for the megane, i had a 56 plate 225(after 06 all meganes have cup chassis) i loved every minute of owning it, but theres a few niggles with them that are costly to put right especially the steering hubs.

I've got a 172 now and regret getting rid of my megane but my house comes first

Megane r26
My old 197 was a cracking car, handling was awesome and easily one of the best front wheel drive cars I'd driven but I'd seriously consider a Megane.

Sheer fact the Megane isn't much worst on fuel and there's so much more scope for tuning if that's what your into. Also with similar if not the same chassis design the Megane is just as nimble as the Clio, BOOOOST!

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
I'd go for the megane, i had a 56 plate 225(after 06 all meganes have cup chassis) i loved every minute of owning it, but theres a few niggles with them that are costly to put right especially the steering hubs.

I've got a 172 now and regret getting rid of my megane but my house comes first

Wrong not all meganes after 06 had cup pack.

Hahaha that's what made me turn my head the BOOOST lol plus they R26 are very well spec'd ! I've seen a few with are the right price and mileages ! Just need wait till the Time is right , but I think I'm favouring a megane to the 197! I was set on the 197 but it's just made things right confusing haha !