ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197 Sport Luxe

Anyone seen the new 197 Luxe ?

French automaker Renault has announced details of its latest model – the Clio Renault Sport Luxe – saying that the model combines "high performance, comfort, refinement and safety".

The upgraded car is based on the original Clio Sport model and, depending on the country of its release, will feature such components as 17-inch ‘Be Bop’ diamond wheels and satin-finish, chrome-plated side air extractor vents.

Among the equipment to provide comfort and safety are rain and light sensors, climate control and additional lights to help cornering.

The interior of the car is described as "modern" and "carefully finished". It is upholstered in leather, features a polished, night blue dashboard fascia and air vents with a satin-finish, chrome-plated trim.

Headrests are adorned with Renault Sport embroidery and Renault Sport floor mats are also thrown in.

The Clio Renault Sport Luxe, which is described by the automaker as simply "an outstanding car", is available in two metallic colours – black and Monako blue – and two non-metallic shades – Toro red and Dynamo blue

Edit: Pics here

070410005.3.jpg

070410005.4.jpg

070410005.6.jpg

http://www.automotoportal.com/article/clio-renault-sport-luxe

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
that looks smart

...although we don't want chrome-look plastic! give us an engine with a backbone, an lsd and a proper Cup variant

Chocolate Bar™
see now all that imo should be standard! look at the quality of the corsas interior and the minis etc.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I rather like the interior. It's the actual shape and design of the body that I am none too sure about. I really am not keen at all on the back end. The back end seems like a cross between a Mazda and a Ford KA. Hmmmm.

Clio v6
"due to hit the market in May 2007 in France and
Italy, and subsequently other markets with country-specific option packs."

So we'll get Burberry trim.?

clio 200 F4Rt
instead of making it more comfortable, why dont they make it lighter and quicker!

bafoooooooooooooooons!

Very nice apart from one thing. It can only be considered 'Luxury' in my mind if you stick to 10mph in 6th gear. Hardly a luxury motorway cruiser when te engine is buzzing away at 20,000rpm in top gear.

Seems nice though, and it does start to add as standard, some of the many options that you all moaned were missing in the first place. Except this time the rpice is sure to be hard to swallow.

Chelsea tractor
Something to look forward to in a couple of years time when I'm no longer scrounging tax-payers' money ;)

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Bloody hell talk about getting peoples money.

So now there is:

197 R27
197 Luxe
and soon to be 197 Cup.

:rofl:

Arctic Clio 182 FF
Why do us Brits, the keenest buyers, get shafted all the time???? I'd love that leather and all the other stuff, and agree the 182 was spec'd better, but with all the new cars safety (you cannot complain about safety- wait until you nearly die), and thus the extra wait necessary, why dont they just up the power to at least it's true amount GUARANTEED then we could at least start to be happy and enjoy the luxury..... I enjoy the luxury as much as the performance and it's nice in every day use to have a small, fast and comfy car. In this day and age it makes sense to buy such a car. We shouldn't grumble at luxury, or weight gain due to safety, we should moan that we don't get what we pay for- the performance, and the overprice. I wish Renault would stop trying to rip off the loyal fanbase of a VERY popular car they want to keep popular and continue to sell to (to all intents and purposes) dominate a market.

So now there is:

197 R27
197 Luxe
and soon to be 197 Cup.
R27 will go soon and Cup will repalce it.
Why do us Brits, the keenest buyers, get shafted all the time????
We get charged more since W'll pay it least it not like some european countries who pay even more for there cars.

As for the car ebing down on power well that just the way the 172 was down the 1892 were down.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
i wouldn't say it was luxury spec as it's the same as a standard 1*2?

Arctic Clio 182 FF
Im going to buy my 197 as a bit of an investment over 5 years rather than change it after 3 and Id love the leather especially, bit gutted that would have to pay so much extra for it probably when it is available., might just get a some retro fit part-leather.
.......as for the power being down on the 197 'as they were on the 172 and 182', its a con.....Renault quote 197bhp...it's only coz you can't see it that no-one moans. If they said it came with a CD player and it didn't, everone would be right on it straight away!.....the new higher price of the car justifies the technological advances etc.....but they've offset that against diddling us outa spec!