ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197 Vs Corsa VXR

Cliosport 197
Did you not just see the vid mate??quite clearly 197 1st,loser vxr 2nd.Same driver same track,fair contest in my eyes.

Cliosport 197
Wouldn't have a chance with that one.
Would someone really pay 22 and half grand for a corsa???
Woud rather put an extra couple of grand on top and get a new focus RS.

BMW 320d M-Sport
may have better handling but not in a straight line :)

Perhaps, tho the real world has bends, unless ur on a motorway really, in which case neither car is ideal I suppose :p

£22k is a ridiculous amount for a Corsa, I would definitely forget that and buy something else. Older shape M3 can be had for that sort of money and less! (as an example)

Cliosport 197
Most tracks have bends mate,would rather have handling over speed all day long.
End of the day mate it was a race and the 197 won fairly easy too.All VXR and Vauxhall owners should have too come too terms with that buy now.

astra coupe on coilovers
Most tracks have bends mate,would rather have handling over speed all day long.
End of the day mate it was a race and the 197 won fairly easy too.All VXR and Vauxhall owners should have too come too terms with that buy now.
ok then mate if you say so ;)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The 5th gear vid, the 197 came out on top. When Evo reviewed them, the 197 was slower. Horses for courses, both good in different ways.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Tbh did see a White VRX Corsa this morning. Black wheels/mirrors. Did look well...... I think i should have a go in one....

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Indeed. Had a play with a Astra VXR Nurburgring....... Nowt in it up to 1*** Had a Remus, not sure if they are standard fit on them? Sounded lovely.

Slow these 197's.......... ;)

astra coupe on coilovers
Indeed. Had a play with a Astra VXR Nurburgring....... Nowt in it up to 1*** Had a Remus, not sure if they are standard fit on them? Sounded lovely.

yea mate they come standard with remus and 888 map they have a nice tone to the exsaust

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Nope. Toying with going to RS tuning and having before/after session in the spring, but cams are also in the back of my mind ;)

Clio 182 Cup
My opinion... the styling on the Corsa and Astra VXR's are way too OTT and engineered to attract the 'boy racer' community. Chome, massiv rims etc. Not a fan, prefer the more subtle styling/lines of the 197 (and even thats quite 'out there')

I personally wouldn't sacrifice a superior chassis for the sake of a marginally better straight line speed.

Astra SRI CDTI,Hornet FA8
yea mate they come standard with remus and 888 map they have a nice tone to the exsaust
888 map? I thought they were standard tune, just with a Remus exhaust...

Its a shame that people think the VXRs appeal only to boy racers. I found the Astra such a good car to live with- not just because of the performance. But it seems quite alot of car enthusiasts dont want to give them a chance.

172 exclusive & 306 gti6
888 map? I thought they were standard tune, just with a Remus exhaust...

Its a shame that people think the VXRs appeal only to boy racers. I found the Astra such a good car to live with- not just because of the performance. But it seems quite alot of car enthusiasts dont want to give them a chance.

to be fair i bet most people on here would choose the reno over vauxall anytime purley because they own renos lol , i like the astra but the corsa is a little ott for me :rasp:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

No offence, but I cannot believe that. The VXR is an animal once traction is gained, it's slightly quicker in a straight line than an R26 in my experience.

Astra SRI CDTI,Hornet FA8
to be fair i bet most people on here would choose the reno over vauxall anytime purley because they own renos lol , i like the astra but the corsa is a little ott for me :rasp:
I didnt mean just on this forum/other forums. I speak to people at work/pub who have never driven one that are put off by... I suppose the image mentioned and early reviews of them (ahem TG lol).

Anyway back on topic, I'd take the Clio over the Corsa. :D :clown: