ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197 Vs Corsa VXR

172 exclusive & 306 gti6
i rest my case ;)
DSCF3288.jpg

DSCF3285.jpg

DSCF3284.jpg
:dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:

MCS R56
dont cry gaz :rasp: but you dont own a 197 and you dont have a turbo on your car ;)

Exactly! Do you not get what is being said here? Neither does a SXi chav wagon.

And I have driven the 197 many times. If it had decent mpg I might have bought one by now.

My eyes are only wet through laughter Kyle. That Corsa was very funny! Thanks. And don't take this personally - I completely respect your views, I just don't agree!

astra coupe on coilovers
Exactly! Do you not get what is being said here? Neither does a SXi chav wagon.

And I have driven the 197 many times. If it had decent mpg I might have bought one by now.

My eyes are only wet through laughter Kyle. That Corsa was very funny! Thanks. And don't take this personally - I completely respect your views, I just don't agree!
and i dont own a sxi ;)

378bhp Leon Cupra R
i,ll put something else in the mixer i saw a black 182 beat a LY R27 in a long straight bit of motorway from standing start at traffic lights. on sat nite

astra coupe on coilovers
Didn't say you did. That modded Corsa you posted probably was though.

You used to?
no mate the corsa use to be a shite spin or somthing like that i respect the amount of work he has put into it i use to own a astra sxi when i was 17

Astra SRI CDTI,Hornet FA8
Im not a fan of Corsa Bs, but I can at least appreciate that Arden Blue one - absolutely nothing distasteful about it (except the mud flaps!). Alot of time/money/effort looks like its gone into it and the end result is a good one.

Suppose it isnt really the place to be posting photos of Vauxhalls, this is the Clio section lol.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
This is common knowledge.

Really?

Last year when i had a 182, SBV116 on here (Steve) Had a 197 Demonstrator for a few days. We had them both together, mine was standard, and so was the 197. My 182 had 20k on the clock, the 197 around 5iirc. There was nothing in it what so ever....... We had a few runs. It was whoever jumped on the loud pedal first.

I'd put good money on my well ran in (standard) 197 giving any standard ish 172/182 a very good run tbh!! Having owned all 3 cars, they are close. For some misguided reason, lots of tools on here think the 197 is slow.......

BMW 320d M-Sport
Anyone seen the vid of the 197 cup against the JCW Mini, also on 5th Gear?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HUF8jWqmAB8

Always had a soft spot for a Mini, despite the fact they are so ridiculously over-priced and common - prefer 197 tho!

As a sub-plot to this thread, how would a normal Cooper S compare to the 197? Quite often people in them want to try and race; usually just get left behind me; so opinion would be they are no match?

Last edited:
  C250 AMG & 172 Cup
any pics :D sounds nice

Shauns106.jpg

My photobucket is being a nob, so i cant actually get access to the rest of the pictures.

It's now running a gt28rs Turbo, cant remember what turbo it was running before but it was around 260 bhp at the fly, with no LSD and a VTR gearbox.

Couple of vids here, first one against a clio182, running ITG Maxogen, Remap and an exhaust, not sure which.

(Can i just add that me, nor my voice are in these vids as i personally think they sound like a bunch of twts)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RrgMLgeoLQk&feature=channel_page

and another vid against one of those VXR things you seem to be getting excited about.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=u6f12rcwf9I&feature=channel

Its quite abit quicker now with his new g'box and turbo.

Edit: Not having a dig Kyle, just showing that any car can be modified to be faster than another.

Last edited:
  MCS R56
Really?

Last year when i had a 182, SBV116 on here (Steve) Had a 197 Demonstrator for a few days. We had them both together, mine was standard, and so was the 197. My 182 had 20k on the clock, the 197 around 5iirc. There was nothing in it what so ever....... We had a few runs. It was whoever jumped on the loud pedal first.

I'd put good money on my well ran in (standard) 197 giving any standard ish 172/182 a very good run tbh!! Having owned all 3 cars, they are close. For some misguided reason, lots of tools on here think the 197 is slow.......

You are right. Not a whole lot in it. I was just stirring!

378bhp Leon Cupra R
PMSL!!!! here everyone so touchy its like the house of parliment here tonite ORDER!!! ORDER!!!!

any moddys about close thread!!!!

MCS R56
I couldn't watch the first video. Very fast but to me, that (106) is very chavtastic too. Tidy but burberry!

C250 AMG & 172 Cup
I couldn't watch the first video. Very fast but to me, that (106) is very chavtastic too. Tidy but burberry!

I know, the lads nick name who owns it is actually Chav because of that very car.

But hey he's happy, not the worst ive seen, simple mods exterior wise, VTS wheels, Konis, Morettes, and smoked rear clusters.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I don't get where people are getting that evo magazine said the corsa was better, they had to test the 197 against the 888 corsa to keep it even then they said the 197 was technically brilliant. Nowhere does it say the corsa is better. I like the look of the corsa over the astra aswell, and would say standard 197 vs standard vxr would be a dead heat in a strainght line, seen it with own eyes upto 130.
No, thats not the article I'm referring to. It was a group test, Corsa, 197, Cooper S, Ibiza.

MCS R56
I know, the lads nick name who owns it is actually Chav because of that very car.

But hey he's happy, not the worst ive seen, simple mods exterior wise, VTS wheels, Konis, Morettes, and smoked rear clusters.

Absolutely. I'd rather see chavs taking interest in their car than downing Buckfast at lunchtime. (Only in exceptional circumstances)

My goodness, I just defended a chav! Soap being eaten right now.

Swift Sport
Really?

I think it's pretty much down to the driver, I've had a few plays with other ClioSports and I always get ahead. However, I doubt that it is down to my car being 'faster'.

172 exclusive & 306 gti6
off topic i know sorry , but have you seen the pug 205 usc winner, now thats quick and very cheap lol , id love to put my gti6 engine in a 205 bet they are great track cars :Di would of done a clicky but i aint got a scooby how to do them lol:eek:

Who in there right mind would buy a VXR-R for 22.5 k!!!?! Thats R26R money, and thats with a few ££ left in the bank. Madness!

Why even buy the R26R with its odd looking rear end. £22.5k can buy you a lot of better cars than a Corsa or a Megane.

Polo + Micra
i don't get why people try to put there fmic on show as much as possible

i understand it needs as much cooling as possible and it's fuction over form but i think it would look better if it was hidden

Clio 172 & Fabia vRS
Wouldnt be much in it in a straight line with the 197..

1.6T 16V VXR 3d
0-60mph 6.8
140 mph
192 bhp

i always thought the VXR was faster than this..

I Would never buy one though.. i have a thing against corsa's.. :rasp: