ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197 Vs Corsa VXR

C250 AMG & 172 Cup
You cant really tell from the pics Kyle but it doest sit completley flush with the rest of the bumper so meshing wouldnt really be an option.

And dink, i agree, but its complete function and there isnt really anywhere else on a car with suh a small engine bay that it could sit after the modified manifold etc has been fitted. Does look well in the flesh though all things considering, and he's done alot of the work himself.

03 RS clio 172 flameR
its made my a racing company! look at the clio cup racing car! will kill any corsa on the track! and if its drag racing, then ktecs turbo'd clio will eat it. kno point compareing a car from a dealer to one from a race tuner. in which case z-cars has a hayabusa mini...?

astra coupe on coilovers
its made my a racing company! look at the clio cup racing car! will kill any corsa on the track! and if its drag racing, then ktecs turbo'd clio will eat it. kno point compareing a car from a dealer to one from a race tuner. in which case z-cars has a hayabusa mini...?
whats made by a racing company we were comparing standard to standard ;)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Those videos are pretty convincing that Cubic Capcity is the winner in the end........

I love the Corsa VXR's personally, id love to see how the Artic VXR (204bhp) would cope against the 197?

Good videos mate, in Croatia i gather?

Those videos are pretty convincing that Cubic Capcity is the winner in the end........

I love the Corsa VXR's personally, id love to see how the Artic VXR (204bhp) would cope against the 197?

Good videos mate, in Croatia i gather?

This one had:

A remap by Upsolute, CS panel / CS downpipe,... it was supposed to be a +200bhp - but to be honest I don't think so.

The stock Corsa VXR is no match for my 197 (K&N panel filter, remap, Miltek exhaust & 200 cell sport cat). I have that video too, but you would think that the guy in the Corsa don't know how to drive...:D

In Croatia...no...;)

BMW M135I
This one had:

A remap by Upsolute, CS panel / CS downpipe,... it was supposed to be a +200bhp - but to be honest I don't think so.

The stock Corsa VXR is no match for my 197 (K&N panel filter, remap, Miltek exhaust & 200 cell sport cat). I have that video too, but you would think that the guy in the Corsa don't know how to drive...:D

In Croatia...no...;)

A remap and you dont think its got over 11 bhp gain? its a turbo and my brother has an arctic and if he remapped it it would get around 240 so i think your figures are quite out

On that note above, theres not much difference between my 172 and arctic, when it comes to "real" roads anyway but straight line he gets the edge. slightly that is

Polo + Micra
A remap and you dont think its got over 11 bhp gain? its a turbo and my brother has an arctic and if he remapped it it would get around 240 so i think your figures are quite out

On that note above, theres not much difference between my 172 and arctic, when it comes to "real" roads anyway but straight line he gets the edge. slightly that is

i don't believe he'd gain 40+ bhp from just a remap

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
This one had:

In Croatia...no...;)

So it was two modified cars against one another....?

Where abouts was it matey?

They said it has 232bhp...but IMHO - he should be lucky if he has 190bhp...

I believe you when you say it can get up to 240bhp. A friend of mine has a Corsa GSI with 220bhp and it is faster than my 197.

So it was two modified cars against one another....?

Where abouts was it matey?

Yes it was. On a public 3 lane road @ 10-11pm

I don't even need to say what does the Clio 197 do to the Corsa OPC/VXR...:star:

iceberg 172 03
lol ive beat a corsa vxr on the motor way twice, gave hima chance to catch up, dropped a gear again and took off, too heavy in my opinion. nice cars but would not waste the money.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
My mate has a Corsa VXR and it was pretty even from rolling when in the 197.

He then got the stage 1 from thorney motorsport and he was slightly ahead.

He then got the stage 2 from thorney motorsport and absolutley wiped me out!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
lol ive beat a corsa vxr on the motor way twice, gave hima chance to catch up, dropped a gear again and took off, too heavy in my opinion. nice cars but would not waste the money.

???

The Corsa is 56kg's heavier than the 172 (ph2) and it boasts 17bhp more...

Either he couldnt drive for s**t or yours is modified

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
The thing about the Corsa VXR is the fact its already lacking in cubic capacity by 400cc's against the Clio.

Yes it has a turbo charger and you can scream and shout about turbo lag all day but as you say Raptor, its quite literally too close performance wise to say you hammered/smoked/pulled away in any event.

At the end of the day these two cars will be very much IMO down to the driver at the helm

A little update - forgot to upload the last vid:

[YOUTUBE]BSbWRLZxVJU[/YOUTUBE]

Corsa OPC on the left is STOCK;

Clio 197: K&N panel filter, Miltek exhaust & remap,

Corsa OPC on the right: CS cool stat, CS panel, CS downpipe, remap by Upsolute, implemented by Pavicic team...

To be fair, here's the latest update - Corsa OPC has a new remap, tyres and a LSD from the last time, and this time I have a full tank (believe me - it makes a whole lot difference):

[youtube]_FNfcgP_Spo[/youtube]

[youtube]c1KurfK-wOo[/youtube]

Tav

Clio 197
Regardless of which is faster in a straight line or round a track which is actually nicer to drive? I've heard the throttle map on the Corsa is quite aggressive making it difficult to make smooth progress at shallower throttle angles. Whilst this will make the car feel quick as it's always ready to pounce it might actually detract from the driving experience.

How does each car feel to steer? How does each car handle a bend? What are the brakes like to use...a Clio strong point btw! These are the important points...not the small differences in straight line performance on a motorway. The Corsa could have 300bhp and relatively speaking it'll still be quite slow when compared to a real fast car.

Regardless of which is faster in a straight line or round a track which is actually nicer to drive? I've heard the throttle map on the Corsa is quite aggressive making it difficult to make smooth progress at shallower throttle angles. Whilst this will make the car feel quick as it's always ready to pounce it might actually detract from the driving experience.

How does each car feel to steer? How does each car handle a bend? What are the brakes like to use...a Clio strong point btw! These are the important points...not the small differences in straight line performance on a motorway. The Corsa could have 300bhp and relatively speaking it'll still be quite slow when compared to a real fast car.

I agree with everything you wrote. :clap:

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Back to the video.

Tiff said he could drive the clio flat out all day,but the corsa required a more balanced aproach due to the corsa having more soggy suspension in the bends.

Thats enough for me...

MCS R56
Back to the video.

Tiff said he could drive the clio flat out all day,but the corsa required a more balanced aproach due to the corsa having more soggy suspension in the bends.

Thats enough for me...

Do you take your cars on the track and drive them at their full potential?

I'd be willing to bet your times in both cars would be alomst identical on a track.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
That maybe,but i just watched a profesional do his stuff and ill take what he says thanks anyway...

MCS R56
That maybe,but i just watched a profesional do his stuff and ill take what he says thanks anyway...

I bet you wouldn't walk away from driving the VXR thinking the suspension was too soggy though. It may be a tad softer than the 197's but that's only noticed when the car is at the edge, being driven at it's maximum capabilities. 90% of people will never take the car to it's full potential and will therefore not notice what guys like Tiff are talking about.

I don't like the VXR either but only because of it's looks. It's too easy imo to write cars off because of professional drivers' comments.

200 RS cup/recaros
I test drove both before I got my 200 the vxr did nothing for me at all then i test drove the 200 cup and fell in love lol

Mini JCW
154097d1292210017-how-autistic-you-holy_thread_resurrection_batman.jpg

Cup In bits
Big bump... Corsa will eat the 197/200 for breakfast, Corsa needs a little respect when cornering that's where people get them wrong, boot the corsa and you get 5 second overboost which makes a big difference where as the clio you just sink the foot all the time...no torque.

Im a bit biased tho as I have the corsa but they are both very nice, corsa is a more refined drive for me.

All my opinion.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
3 year mega bump!
3 years and time as told.

Corsa = Chav.

Even the concept of 'which is ultimately faster' is chavvy.
The Clio is infinitely more elegant in its approach to speed.

Put it this way, I'm in the oppotunity to own >1 car. ~
What do I own?
(Any working class t**t can own a BMW @ £2-300pcm)

182 Trophy
Mk1 Mx-5 VR-Ltd (top drivers spec)

Why? because, fun > dag times.
/simple as

Cup In bits
The threads about 197 beating a corsa, therefore speed related. Corsa's quicker end of.

If your saying the more expensive car is a chav's car, I don't see it. Remove the awfull fog surrounds for Opel ones and the car changes looks. Not many "chav's can afford them by me. More clio's owned by chav's round my way and if you read my above post the corsa is more refined drive so its not just based on speed, typical French build quality, rattling interiors, shocking wiring. I'm not a big fan of French cars as you can see, although I own one as they make quite a good base once you strip all the bad parts off.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
3 years and time as told.

Corsa = Chav.

Even the concept of 'which is ultimately faster' is chavvy.
The Clio is infinitely more elegant in its approach to speed.

Put it this way, I'm in the oppotunity to own >1 car. ~
What do I own?
(Any working class tw*t can own a BMW @ £2-300pcm)

182 Trophy
Mk1 Mx-5 VR-Ltd (top drivers spec)

Why? because, fun > dag times.
/simple as

Clio = just as many neds.

Cup In bits
Yes I did and other magazines/tv shows that have tested have had the Corsa on top, most infact, clios handling always gets a mention for handling but never much more.

All that im saying is the Corsa is faster real world and more refined/better built car.

FF Racing Blue 182
i agree the vxr would be quicker but bang for buck the clio 182 just looks amazing and is i will have mine till the wheels fall off

my brothers fn2 pisses on the clio but i dont care