ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197 won't turn over!

Evo
Okay here's the story of events.

Last weekend I was driving like a tit with an r26r off a roundabout and the back end got twitchy, tried to correct and it chucked me into the kerb. Front left wheel made contact, very gentle. Didn't mount the kerb or bounce off, just kissed it.

Stopped to check car was okay, wheels scratched a little but rest seems fine, car drove perfect after. Tried to start it to go home and it won't turn over. Ignition comes on okay, no dash warnings etc and can't hear solenoid clicking. Push started it and fired up immediately.

Ordered a starter motor and fitted today, still refuses to show any life when trying to crank it. Bench tested old starter and found to be serviceable. So I start on the obvious stuff. Earth to battery, power leads etc, relays and fuses. All seems fine. Locked and unlocked etc all the usual tricks, the stubborn b*****d still just sits silent on turnover.

I'm lost for ideas, help!!!

Ph1 172
There's a fused power lead that comes down from the battery direct to the starter, Up where it bolts to the battery is a fused link. Check that's not blown.

Megane dci 130
What he said ^ Check that. You need to see what feeds you have at the starter. Constant 12v at the main thick lead and a burst of 12v at the smaller wire on pressing the button.

Evo
TDF had it sorted in 5 minutes flat, fuse under battery.

Burst fuel tank on a pebble on the way home though.