ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 2 Newbie from South Africa

Clio 2 1.4 16v
Hi guys and girls,

Hloni is the name and and down south of the African continent. Uncle google directed me here when I was looking for advice on alternator belt removal :rasp: Loving what I read and see thus far, and I hope that I too will contribute positively to this community.

Renault is not a huge household or historically trusted brand here, however the recent introduction in 2010 of the locally produced and assembled budget segment Renault Sandero is helping build the brand. Sandero uses the 1.4 & 1.6 (55 & 64KW) 8v - motor.

How do you folks establish the 3 numerical series names so I may post in the correct forum? This is the 1st forum I'm threatened to be banned from even before I start posting :dapprove:

275 Trophy
Hi Hloni

I was in Jo'burg last year and saw a few Renault RS's up and down, and a dealer showroom there too. One thing that did occur to me was at the altitude your at they're all a fair bit down on power and the fuel didn't seem to help either.

Clio 2 1.4 16v
yeah man, the altitute up here not the easiest on combustion motors, however one has an option when it comes to octane level at filling stations. higher octane tad more pricey.
​the megan rs was a hit. clio didn't do as well as fiesta st or even mazda 3 mps.