ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 and 4th Gen' iPod

197 Sport
Hi,

Got my new RS 200 in December, and have been using the wifes nano with no problem to date, then finally got round to replacing the battery in my 4th gen' ipod yesterday. It has 18gb of music loaded onto it. But the stereo, the upgraded version, does not recognize the iPod when I plug it in. Does anyone know why? Any solutions to the issue? I have searched but only found posts which are irelevant to my issue....

what am i doing wrong.

The iPod is connected via standard USB from it to the connector underneath the radio/behind gear stick.

Help much appreciated.

Cheers,

Richard

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
try connecting it to the headphone plug on the ipod, on my ipod i plug into the dash and then straight to the headphone plug and it works fine

197 Sport
try connecting it to the headphone plug on the ipod, on my ipod i plug into the dash and then straight to the headphone plug and it works fine

and do you get full connectivity, by that i mean can you control the ipod via the steering wheel controls?

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
and do you get full connectivity, by that i mean can you control the ipod via the steering wheel controls?

no not throught the steering wheel, you have to control it via the ipod but the stereo just acts as a speaker for it

Cupped 200
In Sum, the Standart USB thing is bullshit! Have problems with it even on simplest things like Stick with mp3s and Stuff.... hate it!