ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 brembos, Squeeeeel..! Help.

RB Clio 200 Cup
I have a 200 cup and the brembos have been squeeling under moderate braking.

Renault Birmingham dont seem to want to know for warranty work and say its not covered for that even though the car has only done 4000miles?!

So I am thinking I may need to strip down the brakes and give them a clean (or maybe it wont need to be that involved, maybe just a clean).

However I have never ever done this work on a car, let alone on brembos, is it an easy job and does anyone have a guide I can follow and tips on how to prep the pads to stop squeeling.

I just want silent brakes as they are getting embarassing now lol!

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
Not able to answer the squeeling question but they are really simple to strip. I'd imagine a good clean will help. A springy clip thing that comes out and two metal pins, and having such low mileage i cant imagine you having much bother getting the pins out! A little punch to fit the pins and a hammer, once youve got the pins out the pads should come out with a bit of a wiggle. You shouldnt need to remove the caliper.

Just make sure the pads go back in nice and freely.

Lionel Richie
just had a 5000mile old 200 in with squeaking rear brakes

Renalt Birmingham are useless, i got a lot of work thanks to them :)

Mine do the same. Started after about 2.5k iirc.

I ought to take it back to Renault, but I just cba with the hassle, as my locals are cowboys and I dont trust them one bit.

Fortunately, mine arent bad enough to bother me, so im leaving them for a bit.

RB Clio 200 Cup
Fred@BTM, I assume the fix is as per aldo_87's comments?

In otherwords I need to get the pads out and clean up etc?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Mine have been doing it for the last 600 or so miles. And the rear brakes grind like fcuk.

Cars only done 2600 miles ffs!

Lionel Richie
looks like TRW spec'd the rear calipers/pads without realising renault were going to paint them red - whoops

RB Clio 200 Cup
that plus the stock pads need a quick dress with a grinder so they are free to move in the caliper

I dont have a grinder lol, can it be done manually by sanding? Do you mean chamfering the edges etc? I'll be using lots of copper slip as well me thinks!

Whats the best method to knock the 2 pins out? Use a hammer and something to knock the heads of the pins I presume?

Discounted 1*2 parts
Squealing brakes aren't covered by warrany over 1000 miles.

My 200 brakes squeal (especially in reverse) and I haven't bothered booking my car in for the work, I just live with it.

I know it annoys the hell out of some people but IMO there are much worse things in life to worry about than squealing brakes.....

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
My black one is having the squealing brakes down FOC by Davis renault as we speak-

Steve

GTD, Lupo
Mine did this for the first year or so but it has not been so bad now. On 24k now so they are pretty worn in.

RB Clio 200 Cup
Cheers people for all your replies etc, I think i'll take a look over at 197 at that guide.

To bump this thread, my 200's brakes are doing the same. Just got back from the nurburgring so unsure if I've maybe glazed the discs. But worrying it's making the noise under normal driving and then it dissappears when I press the brake pedal so I'm guessing it's the brakes?