ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 clutch & Flywheel shot

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
My 200 went in for a "squeeky clutch peddle" known fault apparently..

Anyway I recieved a call from the service dep explaining that apparently my clutch & fly are shot. Obviously I asked to inspect these parts as the car has only done 10k & isn't even a year old yet!

Having viewed them myself the flywheel has a concistant amount of heat marks as does the pressure plate. The clutch disc has one heat spot on it & only two of the diaphram fingers have witness marks on them (which to me says distortion). Renault have admitted issues with the clutch peddle which was already gripping when depressed.

Renault attempted to blame this on driver error although I have said I personally believe it is down to a factory fault of a distorted cover or incorrectly torqued clutch/fly for example which the mechanic understood.

I have asked "how" exactly they believe this to be driver error which they have as yet been unable to say.

Has anyone else had similar issues to this? I understand clutches are supposedly consumable items, but in my oppinion they are not in less than a year from a driver who does not rag there car!

I have refused to pay for this to Ren UK at this time.

Last edited:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I agree with above, speak directly to RUK.

My mums Toyota went in with a dead clutch at just short of 3 years old (25k miles) and they replaced it no questions asked, didn't even suggest it was the drivers fault. Free courtesy car too.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Flol at trying to blame you.

As soon as i heard that i'd have told them to get f**ked and speak to RUK.

I am involved in warranties for a living and it's a good job as they also tried telling me I needed new brake pads (which were replaced last month).

Feel for those who don't have any knowledge to work with.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Hmm, mine has a squeeky clutch too, I was tempted to just grease it, but may get it checked now -.- 3 years old on 30k fyi

Apparently it's a well known fault with the peddle and they have a modification for it...

Ok good.

Heat marks are usual on a flywheel anyway from everyone I've ever changed. Ask to know the 'run out' of the flywheel and then check yourself if its within tolerance.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Update:

This is being covered by the warranty in its entirety.

But unfortunatley the Flywheel is on back order and they don't have an ETA on when it's going to arrive :boring: