ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 Cup spoiler removal?

Clio 200 Cup
Evening guys,

I'm half thinking of taking the spoiler off my Clio 200 Cup. Is this easily done?

It's just a standard Renault option spoiler.

Thanks.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
If it's the cup spolier with the fins on the ends, when the spoiler is removed, there is likely to be some holes left from where it was attached.
If it's the GT spoiler (more of a lip) when the spoiler is removed, it will reveal that a different tailgate is used to accomodate the spoiler, as a section of the tailgate is missing which the spoiler sits in.

Last edited:
  Clio Sport 197
Is this right, when a GT spoiler is removed from a clio 200 the top boot tailgate part is different to that say on a 197??

Im looking to buy a GT spoiler for my non spoiler 197, dont mind drilling a few holes but if completly different am I wasting my money??

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Yes, to use a GT spoiler on a 197/200, you will need a specific tailgate that has been made to take it.

What Brian said is correct.

You WILL have holes when the cup spoiler is removed.

You WILL NOT be able to fit a GT spoiler without replacing the boot lid for one with an indent along the top.

Parky14

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry for bumping. How large are the holes when the Cup spoiler is removed and are there just two on either side? Thanks

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Sorry for bumping. How large are the holes when the Cup spoiler is removed and are there just two on either side? Thanks

Yes 2 either side.
Can be covered by a GT or Sprint spoiler.
And yes a GT spoiler does fit - you have to trim the spoiler underneath and bond it on.