ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 Jerking

Clio 200 Silverstone
Hey guys, wondering if you could help me out here.

I pulled up to a junction in 2nd gear and was nothing there so I didn't come to a stop and carried on in 2nd gear but as i came out the junction and put a bit of rev on, the car just started to jerk horribly for a few seconds rocking me back and forth in my seat but then went back to normal for my trip home.

This is not the first instance of this happening as it has done this in the past in 1st gear also when taking off, any idea why this could be? the car is under warranty from Arnold Clark and I'm hoping to get this sorted before it expires

Clio 200 Silverstone
it's mostly cold yeah. but i tend to let the car sit for a min while i play on my phone or whatever

I would but it's a 120 mile trip each way and a day of work which i have very few of left and it's only March haha

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
It’s an obvious characteristic of the car when cold. Does it run great when warm etc.

Clio 200 Silverstone
yeah, it seems to run well once it gets going a bit.

I've not a proper petrol car other than a 1.2 ive had in the 5 years i've driving so obviously a bit of inexperience there on my part.

Just seems odd to only do it at times, if it was a regular cold start thing i would understand

Clio 200 Silverstone
It's going into there approved local garage next Tuesday so will get them to check it out along with the sound coming from the front of the car.

only had the car two weeks and it's falling apart on me haha

cheers for the help bud, it's much appreciated!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
That’s common for them. Kangarooing mixed with a flat spot around 2.5k makes for awful slow speed driving.

Many a time mine tried to kill me, giving me no power on a roundabout with cars flying round it.

Clio 200 Silverstone
That’s common for them. Kangarooing mixed with a flat spot around 2.5k makes for awful slow speed driving.

Many a time mine tried to kill me, giving me no power on a roundabout with cars flying round it.

did you manage to come to a solution to the problem? Could prove to be hazard if it continues

Clio 200 Silverstone
Genuinely, drive it like a dick.

Not even joking. Keep the revs up, drop it into first at junctions when you’re too slow for second and try and keep the momentum up.

They suck as dailies.
Drive like a dick, That I can do hahah.
much more fun driving that way anyway!

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Cable tie the map sensor down ;) seriously!! They leak and commonly cause this kangarooing.

It is just below the yellow top up oil cap.

@Ajcman