ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 Megane 225 Conversion

Just a question, how easy it this done? and is there any company's offering this service? Also what price tag are they putting on it?

Was thinking stand alone ecu and Megane engine.

thanks tony

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Its been done a few times. Check out a few project threads on 197.net/200.net and a couple on here as well

Prices is around 5K ish I think, but it depends on what power you are wanting, going fully forged internals and if you replace the gearbox as well etc etc.

RB 200
Yea your looking at around 5k to do it properly. and to be honest, I wouldn't be cutting corners on things like that, hear its well worth it though.

yeah id be looking at cams and forged pistons and rods and stand alone ecu, so later on i can up-rate turbo and possible add throttle bodies to the mix as when i went in josh cook's megane it was mentle.

Turbo LY R27
Speak to SteC at auto electrics. He has done loads of them. Quite a few on 197.net now. He's fairly cheap as well!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Throttle bodies on a turbo are of very limited use for the extra cost, and they make the mapping quite a bit more complex too which limits your ECU options.

Audi A5
From what I can gather the normal route is, meg engine, meg box, meg engine bay loom, meg ecu, meg driveshafts, meg auxiliaries, meg turbo.

Custom decat/or joining pipe from cat.

Custom boost pipes, Ktr do a set I think.

A custom smaller Intercooler.

Meg ecu can be made to work with clio uch but I don't know how people are doing this. Some sort of software flash I imagine.

if you provide the parts Ktr will fit for you if you don't fancy taking it on.

Best bet is to keep your eye on eBay, gum tree etc for a rear end shanted 225 and use that as a donner.