ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 Milltek Exhaust in development

200 with booost
Just joined the Forum so Hi to everyone.

My Clio 200 is currently with Milltek Sports whilst they develop a new High Flow Cat and Cat Back system. I have been informed that progress is going well and I will have the car back on friday in time for the World Series, cant wait. The week so far without the Clio has been agonising but I know the wait will be worth it.

I should have some photos soon and will post them as they arrive and provide a full report on its performance and sound. Im expecting the gas flow to be much improved and with a more throaty aggressive sound but not chavy loud, more subtle than that.

Guessing there must be someone on her with a Milltek on the 197 so thoughts on that would be great.

http://www.millteksport.com

2010 Clio RS Cup 200
Is it fully developed based on a stock car are their other modifications to be used in conjunction with it?
I heard some things in relation to the Milltek on the 197 that it exacerbated the hole in the mid-range badly and it made the car for the most part worse without doing a retune? I don't know about the truth of this or not, but it puts me off from doing anything to the car.
Cheers.

200 with booost
Is it fully developed based on a stock car are their other modifications to be used in conjunction with it?
I heard some things in relation to the Milltek on the 197 that it exacerbated the hole in the mid-range badly and it made the car for the most part worse without doing a retune? I don't know about the truth of this or not, but it puts me off from doing anything to the car.
Cheers.

A good point that you raise there, I will speak with the guys and mention this valuable feedback, the devlelopment is on a stock car, I was running an ITG filter but replaced this at their request for the standard part.

Will keep you posted on developments.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
cracking!

thumbs-up-low-res.jpg

This will flat spot without a remap to accomodate, and even then most mappers only lessen the effect.

Cant understand milteks need to 'develop' a new system for the 200 either, just change the tailpipes to suit and job done?

Golf GTD Mk7
This will flat spot without a remap to accomodate, and even then most mappers only lessen the effect.

Cant understand milteks need to 'develop' a new system for the 200 either, just change the tailpipes to suit and job done?

Agreed! Does seem like a lot of development time for no reason. Just a different bumper doesn't mean a whole exhaust is required.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
It will flat spot. SBV's has a janspeed, and it does around 2.5k.....
Sounds epic though

200 with booost
Picked up the Clio this afternoon complete with new Milltek Exhaust and Decat Pipe.

On first inspection the quality of the materials is first rate, the welding is very impressive, overall a quality piece of pipework.

The construction of the pipe has altered from the 197 to ease fitment and has all new back boxes too.

When pushing that magic black button , the sound from the exhaust is noticably different, much deeper, more throat and a few burbles, when warmed up and on the road the sound really comes alive, this is how a Renaultsport should sound, as you climb up the revs the note is incredible. I have not experienced any flat spots at all, much more the oporsite with improved throttle response low down in the revs.

Crusing in 4th at around 3k is awesome, you can feel the rummble and the car hums like a Stealth Bomber. On over run it doesnt pop or bang like a VXR but it has a nice burble and at the traffic lights its quiet as a mouse.

On first impressions I am over the moon with it. I drove back from Derby with the standard air filter, but changed to the ITG, only a slight change in engine note, just a little bit louder.

Will give it a good run down to World Series on Saturday Night and really test it.

Will have some photos next week to post.

200 with booost
The long awaitied film is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5-W0RYY9Rg

Sorry it took so long, business is busy and no time to play, Reved the nuts of it for you, gonna get some in car footage so will get that up this week too.

I make no apology for the state of cleanleness, if it aint dirty it hasnt been used propley and this dirt is fresh that day from a trip though Port Talbot in Wales, found some excellent roads through fforest far ended up near wrexam, up past Telford and over to Sheffield.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5-W0RYY9Rg

200 with booost
Experienced the flat spot yet?

Thankfully no, with the zorst I am running a custom map and an ITG filter. My first drive after the remap, I was slightly disapointed that the shift light and bleep had vanished, it was too long however that I discovered the little buggers had been moved to around 8.5k

I no longer get the standard flatspot at around 4-5k and I dont get any of the kangarooing anymore, the car is a lot more responsive, noticably quicker and better all round. Since having the zorst and remap I have covered over 3,000 trouble free miles, I currently do between 500-750 miles a week, split between motorways and A-B roads.

I have no complaints and i'm loving it, this is how the standard car should drive, sound and feel.