ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 Ordered

Abarth 500 Essesse
Just ordered myself a Clio 200 in White with black speedlines, cornering lights, cup pack and recaros. November delivery though!! Got a good trade in for mine so overall pretty happy with it. Went for a test drive and it fealt a lot more solid than my 182 so looking forward to it now :D

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
You'll love it mate. One of the things i love about the 197 is the build, feels solid still at 37k :) World away from the mk2

Abarth 500 Essesse
Yep thats the main reason for changing tbh, just have a feeling bits are going to start falling off the 182!

Mondeo TDCI 130
Would be white for me, Couldn't live with alien green day to day, although i like it on other people's if you get me!!!

RB doesn't fit it in my opinion, car has grown up a bit for it!

Abarth 500 Essesse
I was initially going for black, but saw the white one and that was that, you can have alien green immediately if you want it, they have them sat at the import centre it would seem, from what the sales man said

Skoda
I'm just about to head up to the lake district for a road trip in mine now.... For the first time in as long as I can remember I'm excited about going out in my car... You won't be disapointed

Evo
Cant hep but think your gonna be dissapointed with the pace coming from a 182 mate, Std 182s can eat 200s for breakkie, i found that out the hard way :(

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I notice you have a cup, how many miles on it?

Also, when you say it has the "edge" what do you mean? It pulls a couple of car lengths or so over 40/50mph ?

Evo
5000miles but who said it was my 197? more so off the line is where its nips the lead, then its pretty much even after 50mph

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
5000miles but who said it was my 197? more so off the line is where its nips the lead, then its pretty much even after 50mph

Well, tbh, I didn't think you would be saying such things if you didn't have first hand experience. I mean, what else are you basing this on? Others perceptions and what you have read?

Evo
First hand views. And even if it were me partaking in these little drags i shouldnt think the mileage will affect me, seeing as i've beaten a 197 with 18000miles on the clock many times over.

Fair results if u ask me.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Standard 182 vs standard 197, the 182's quicker in a straight line. Slightly. Does it really matter??

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
The 200 is the best out of the RS clios. Driven them all but the 197 and the 200 is fantastic. Wish i could afford one. ( would have to be alien green though)

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member

Tbf, he had 4 spares in his car. (And he still raced you - effort!)

I have raced loads of cars now in my 172. And from my experience, between CTR's, RS's, a Auris SR (amongst others) there's not alot in any of them. To pull away a bit or to be able to say, you were hammered it takes alot of extra power, not a marginal bhp/tonne differential.

Deff not enough to matter (What warren says really).

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Indeed. To pull 4 car lengths plus, in a straight line you will need a major HP difference 50+ ?

Abarth 500 Essesse
The 200 is the best out of the RS clios. Driven them all but the 197 and the 200 is fantastic. Wish i could afford one. ( would have to be alien green though)

Don't think i could live with alien every day for 3 years tbh, i think i've made the right choice, didnt get to drive it properly due to nottingham seemingly being the speed camera capital of the world!

CLIO Iceberg 172
Don't think i could live with alien every day for 3 years tbh, i think i've made the right choice, didnt get to drive it properly due to nottingham seemingly being the speed camera capital of the world!

try coming to southend we have 20+ on a 10 mile stretch of road not to mention the speed traps they set up with the intercepters lol

Embarrassed to say
Anyone know if it's possible to determine without ringing around, what cars are currently in stock at dealers so I can just go a buy one?

I want white with aircon and recaros, standard rims for under £13,000. Someone just mentioned on pistonheads they got a cup with ac, recaros and speedlines for £12,950, so I would want as good a deal as that.

Golf 7R
Anyone know if it's possible to determine without ringing around, what cars are currently in stock at dealers so I can just go a buy one?

I want white with aircon and recaros, standard rims for under £13,000. Someone just mentioned on pistonheads they got a cup with ac, recaros and speedlines for £12,950, so I would want as good a deal as that.

Where are you based?