ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 - Silverstone GP Edition

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Nice find, they look nice. Much better than the tacky gordini's

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
20k & no cup spoiler-

Will recaros even make it to the spec...

not a very nice colour either

S

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Loller! Wonder how much gains they'll get from the remap... Oh wait!

Ph2 Clio 172
The Clio special editions are becoming a bit of a joke, tbh. The Gordini is an insult to the name, and this is an insulting price.

Merc
The Clio special editions are becoming a bit of a joke, tbh. The Gordini is an insult to the name, and this is an insulting price.

The only good special edition is the 20th Anniversary Edition ;)

I got a few extras at no extra cost thanks to 'special edition' e.g Pearlescent paint with black roof, stitching on the dash, extra tinted windows, GT spoiler and badges. No power gains though :/

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
www.renault.co.uk said:
Twingo and Clio Renaultsport, now welcome their own top-of-the-range versions

I thought the top of the range was the Gordini spec? Or is this top top spec?

Clio RS 200
Not too many options, but a few. I think they do cover the price difference over a standard FF200.

'The car shares the same purposeful stance, honed to grace the Silverstone tarmac. Sitting on lowered Cup Chassis with a striking combination of silver metallic paint and contrasting ‘Deep Black’ details, including 17” alloy wheels, roof and door mirrors. Completing the exclusive look, the new limited edition Renaultsports also feature extra-tinted rear windows and Silverstone GP B-pillar badges inscribed with the new GP circuit map.

On the inside, the new version boasts a unique numbered interior plaque (1-50), Renaultsport Monitor onboard performance tracking system and grey and black Renaultsport carpet mats. Along with Renaultsport Recaro front seats, Bluetooth and multi-functional TunePoint for portable music players.

Track-bred from the outset, owners also receive a free Renaultsport Trackday Experience at Silverstone, usually £175, so that they can explore the full handling and performance potential of their new metal under the expert tuition of a fully qualified Silverstone instructor.'

Clio RS 200
Enfact, there are alot of little options added to it. If you added the options to a standard FF 200 (as this is bassed on) its actually good value for money!! :eek:

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Not too bad a deal compared to the spec options on a normal 200, still a lot of money for a Clio though.

UK car prices have really gone up over the last 1.5 years.

Clio 200 Cup
Im sorry but I really can't get over the TWENTY THOUSAND QUID price tag. I bought my new 200 Cup for £13500 in November 2010. Is this Silverstone shagbag really £6.5k more car?

For £20k I want Ohlins, Alcantara, Carbon Fiber, Cage, Harnesses, 9000rpm, etc..........something actually special.

Merc
Im sorry but I really can't get over the TWENTY THOUSAND QUID price tag. I bought my new 200 Cup for £13500 in November 2010. Is this Silverstone shagbag really £6.5k more car?

For £20k I want Ohlins, Alcantara, Carbon Fiber, Cage, Harnesses, 9000rpm, etc..........something actually special.

£13.5k did it come with an engine? Suppose you used the scrappage scheme, either that or the poverty specs are that hard to shift that they have to sell them for a right bargain.

MINI-R32-integrale
A lot is being said on the price of the car, but in perspective in 1990 a Renault 5GTT was nearly £12k iirc & average earnings were only £13760, or in 1985 average earnings were £8890 a Fiesta XR2 was £7500 iirc & 1in5 Fiesta's sold was an XR2 nearly 100,000 of them! This costs £20k yet average earnings are £24k & only 50 made.

Or to look at another way a Ford Focus 1.6TDi Titanium X is £20845! A Fiat 500 Abarth with Sabelt seats, SS kit, Xenon lights, Monza exhaust 17" standard wheels as spares as you get a set of 17" wheels with SS kit so you always end up with two sets of wheels retails at £20800!

Let's not even start on MINI's.

& compared to earnings fuel is cheaper versus salary now than it has been in 20 years, but because it has climbed do much we've noticed it more.

Yes it's expensive, but not when viewed in relation to other cars.

Merc
A lot is being said on the price of the car, but in perspective in 1990 a Renault 5GTT was nearly £12k iirc & average earnings were only £13760, or in 1985 average earnings were £8890 a Fiesta XR2 was £7500 iirc & 1in5 Fiesta's sold was an XR2 nearly 100,000 of them! This costs £20k yet average earnings are £24k & only 50 made.

Or to look at another way a Ford Focus 1.6TDi Titanium X is £20845! A Fiat 500 Abarth with Sabelt seats, SS kit, Xenon lights, Monza exhaust 17" standard wheels as spares as you get a set of 17" wheels with SS kit so you always end up with two sets of wheels retails at £20800!

Let's not even start on MINI's.

& compared to earnings fuel is cheaper versus salary now than it has been in 20 years, but because it has climbed do much we've noticed it more.

Yes it's expensive, but not when viewed in relation to other cars.

Interesting write-up. Tbh I find all cars in the current market to be a tad too expensive e.g. The new Focus going for £15,995. My brother bought the previous version brand new for £7,500 in 2008! I think that the fair price for a 200 would be 15/16k, mind you I paid more than that for mine.

M135i
Not Clio related, but did anyone notice this bit about the Twingo?

The pocket-rocket Twingo notably gains an all-new Renaultsport full stainless steel exhaust system, providing a suitable throaty soundtrack to match its visual presence.

Sounds interesting if it'll eventually come to other Twingo owners as a "RenaultSport accessory" as it could suggest Renault might start offering additional performance parts on the RS range similar to what a lot of other manufacturers already do.

Or more likely, it may come as an update on a facelifted Twingo....

Megane 225 F1
Are Renault for real?

Instead of spending money on s**t editions, they need to spend money on making the Clio a better car.

Megane 225 F1
Are Renault for real?

Instead of spending money on s**t editions, they need to spend money on making the Clio a better car.

Clio 200 Cup
no, it didnt come with an engine, or seats, or even a roof. I scrapped in my Bentley too just to make it even more of a bargain.

tw*t

£13.5k did it come with an engine? Suppose you used the scrappage scheme, either that or the poverty specs are that hard to shift that they have to sell them for a right bargain.

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Lots of people got their new 200's for around that money, some of us with Recaro/Air Con/metallic paint/floor mats/fuel thrown in (I paid cash up front which I think helped)... It was back when list price was at least £1k less, scrappage scheme was giving a fortune on £500 bangers and VAT was 15% instead of 20%.

It wouldn't have been missing an engine, but people who didn't buy their 200 >1.5 years ago definitely missed the new car boat ;)

Meg 250/E36 Touring
A Silverstone 200 actually saves £1130 over the list price of the same spec 200 plus it's limited in numbers, so deffo worth it if you are speccing up a 200. It also includes a Renaultsport Silverstone trackday experience..:approve:

With current PCP support, I can supply one for £17500, so not bad value at all!

You can also get a New 200 Cup for £14555 at the moment on PCP :approve: